Any advice for a 1st year UOP student =)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnugglePuffDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm very excited to start dental school this upcoming July at UOP. I haven't been receiving any mail lately, so I was just wondering if there's anything I should prepare for? =) Please enlighten me.

Also, I'm looking forward to meeting my big sibling...however, I haven't received any information yet. Will we get the opportunity to get to know our classmates as well as upper classmen?

Thanks for your time in advance! Looking forward to meeting everyone :p

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't received anything in mail...then there is nothing new to look at or prepare for. You will have plenty of time during those first couple weeks to acclimate, meet your classmates, buy those little things you suddenly realize you forgot or found out it's good to have around, and figure out how to arrange your lockers. The classes those first couple weeks are so ridiculously laid back and simple, you won't need to study yet...they will slowly rev up the speed and difficulty throughout the first quarter.

As for your big sib, most of us are on vacation. Some, like me, are in between two vacations so we can check email again right now. They sent us our little sib information in the middle of Finals and told us who they were. The vast majority of us sent emails or soemthing to our sibs, but probably part of the class lost the email in the flurry of emails we always get during Finals. Don't worry, another reminder email will go out sometime near the beginning of school and returning 2nd years will find it and get in contact with most little sibs during that first week of school. If not, you might have a deadbeat sib...it happens, but no worries, you will meet so many 2nd and 3rd years that are willing to help you out. Never be afraid to ask if you see one passing in the hallways or standing around in sim lab if you have a question.

I have a question regarding computers. I know first year students have access to wireless network at school. What about printing? Is there any printing station at school? or you guys recommend getting a printer at home? Thanks.

I have a question regarding computers. I know first year students have access to wireless network at school. What about printing? Is there any printing station at school? or you guys recommend getting a printer at home? Thanks.

The whole campus has wireless. The school has printers, but I have found them to be unreliable.