Any advice on dropping classes off of AADSAS app??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric275

Prosthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a non-traditional student and have about 68 credits from about 11-12 years ago. When entering my coursework I have run out of "sessions" and can not continue adding new ones to finish showing my planned work for next year.

So my question is, should I just leave my app. "as is" with not all of my planned work showing or should I delete some of the older classes from 10+ years ago? I'll probably end up calling a couple schools to get their advice also but was just wondering if any of you who applied in years past ran into this problem?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just my opinion - I think the most important thing may be making sure that all of your prerequisite classes are on there. If your planned classes do include some of those prerequisites, it may be important that you get them on there at the exclusion of other classes. It's probably similar to the limit to the number of classes per session they allow: they say to include the "most applicable" classes, which means prerequisite and science classes instead of music, arts, or whatever else you may have taken that semester.

Calling the schools is a good idea though, since I may be dead wrong. :)

Call 1-800-353-2237. You will get your answer straight from the horse's mouth.

In answer to my own question, I got ahold of AADSAS this morning and they told me that they do not recommend dropping any classes off of coursework lists. His feeling (they man I spoke with) was that if I drop any of my previous coursework that the schools will notice what I have done and may look negatively on it.

He suggested that if you have more entries than are allowed for the coursework, whether that be in completed work or planned work, that you send any additional coursework information directly to the school.