Any advice on how to spend this semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

S. Ahmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends!

I am writing you all to get some advice, also partly to express my little frustration..

I registered for a out-of-state course which was like 3000 for one course. My company benifits include upto 5000 dollar tuition re-imbursement program and they say they won't pay for the course I am taking. Its directly related to what I am working on and also applicable to finish my M.S.

Anyway..now its too late to register anywhere in NC. So, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me to better prepare myself for MCAT. Are there online courses..I wonder?

Otherwise, I guess I could start studying biology or chemistry etc.

Anyways..thanks folks..sorry, but I thought sharing this might make me feel good.

Take care and best wishes.

Shahab

Members don't see this ad.

Preparing yourself for the MCAT....

Well, there's always Kaplan, or TPR, or Berkeley review. I think you'll find that around here, there are as many opinions on these as there are people.

There are online courses offered by at least one of these (Berkeley I believe). I think TPR might offer an online class too, and I'm pretty sure Kaplan doesn't (at least they didn't when I took it.).

You time might be best spent going through review books on your own. I read two of them, cover to cover, took notes on one of them (tried to memorize those), did all of the practice problems and practice tests, and generated a list of equations from the books to memorize. It worked for me... I got exactly the score I wanted. This way you can identify all of your weaknesses and work on them. Good luck.