kid1992

2+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi guys

Im gonna try and make this as concise as possible.

I graduated from a top 50 university this year. Entered on a full scholarship (4 years ) for music performance. I decided to take science classes as well as music when I began. It was awful, I did horribly in terms of time management and bombed my first year and a half.

I then injured my jaw and couldn't perform, but I did research about dentistry (cause of the related injury) and loved it. I shadowed a general dentist, periodontist and an oral surgeon. Came back to school for the last two years focused and got 3.8's 3.7's.

Just took my DAT
PAT: 24
Reading Comp: 23
Gen chem: 22
Gen bio: 21
Organic: 20
QR: 20
AA: 21

I have a publication in organic chem coming soon (whenever my professor finishes her writing) and
over 500 hrs shadowing.

Im really scared because my overall gpa is a 3.16, sgpa 3.11 and because of that wont be granted any interviews.

any advice would be awesome.

Thanks guys

Carbohydrates

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
You are fine. Your score is good. You GPA is not that low. Your EC's are good!

Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student
Your grade changes after your major change and your good DAT will be fine. Yes, your GPA is low but the upward trend with your science classes is encouraging. Your unique background with the music performance will probably catch some eyes as well.

Jul 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
i have a 3.15 bcp 3.06 science and a 2.96 overall, with a 21AA 22TS and I just got an inverview for september a couple days ago. Make a baller PS and have good E.C's u will be fine

Reactions: Pearl E. White