smadness88

5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Stats:
Cum GPA- 3.38
Science GPA-3.21

I havent taken the mcat; plan to take it in May. I'm shooting high and hope i can get at least a 30. But if i dont, do i have any shot at MD schools at all?? I have good ECs and a good amount of shadowing and clinical experience. I am CPR certified, EMT certified, and currently work as a lab technician. I have over 70 hours of shadowing and can get 2 excellent LORS from the doctors i have shadowed, one of whom is D.O. I will apply DO schools as well. What are my chances there?

bravofleet4

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think you have a shot at allopathic schools assuming your MCAT score is 33+. Did you already graduate? For your LOR's, you'll need 2 science LOR's from professors in bio, physic, chem, or math classes who've graded you and can discuss your qualities as a student. You probably already knew this but I'm just making sure.

smadness88

5+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yeah i know im going to get the LORS from the professors that i took mostly my bio classes in. Im sure i can get good ones. What do you think i need on my mcat to be considered competitive for Do schools?

About the Ads

demayette

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Yeah i know im going to get the LORS from the professors that i took mostly my bio classes in. Im sure i can get good ones. What do you think i need on my mcat to be considered competitive for Do schools?
For DO schools, a 25 mcat will give you a decent chance; however, a 28+ mcat will make you competitive.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.