Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilubse7en

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, i know i have some criticism coming, but please give me an advice anyway...

i applied to around 6 DO schools and 33 MD schools with 3.2 gpa and 33 MCAT.
so far i had one md interview and 1 acceptance at Touro-CA, i also have one interview coming up at western univ in pomona on Jan 2012.

my dillemma is i am willing to put in a deposit of $2000 to a DO school, but not Touro, my impression of Touro during the interview wasn't bad, but after the acceptance i heard some bad things about Touro that put me in doubt. if i get accepted, i'd prefer to attend western-pomona, but since i haven't even been interview yet, and the interview is so late in cycle, i worry that my chances there is slim.

i have to put in the deposit this week, actually by wed, if it was you, would you put in the deposit for Touro and attend the school, or throw away the acceptance and hope to be acepted by Western-pomona? I really don't have the money to put in both schools, idk what to do...:(

Members don't see this ad.

I guess ask yourself if you are unhappy enough with the school to risk not matriculating this cycle. Also, finances will play a role in your decision... If it was me personally I would pay the deposit, and take the hit if I got accepted elsewhere.

Well, if you're that iffy with attending Touro, you should consider apply next cycle if Western doesn't grant you an interview. That's four years in a school you're hesitant to even go to. Take some more classes and build up your EC's between now an May, then submit your apps to MD schools and DO schools (minus Touro).

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly, AACOMAS asks you if you have ever been accepted to medical school MD or DO before and did not matriculate. If this is true next cycle this might though up a red flag on your app...

If I were you, I'd take the Touro acceptance offer. With the way healthcare is going... you never know how things will change within a year. It's best to get in and out of medschool as fast as possible before things change.

However, if you are truly not happy with Touro, then maybe you should reapply with better stats/ECs next cycle. But, you should talk to more people on here to make sure that what you "hear" about Touro is actually true.

But I'd take the Touro offer.

If I remember correctly, AACOMAS asks you if you have ever been accepted to medical school MD or DO before and did not matriculate. If this is true next cycle this might though up a red flag on your app...

This is true, they do ask about if you have been accepted to a medical school and did not matriculate. You better have a good reason why you didnt matriculate otherwise, it will be hard to get in another med school. If I were you, i would put down the deposits and hope you get accept into Western. If not, then go to Touro and man/woman up.

An acceptance in the hand is worth 500 in the bush.

An acceptance in the hand is worth 500 in the bush.

i don't really get what this means, but thank you so much for all your advices. i decided to take the Touro offer, i was wavering b/w western b/c i kind of heard that it is the best DO school, but i am still happy with Touro acceptance. at the end of the day, its going to make me a doctor.
its close to home and my family, the only thing that stops me is the campus, its just so ugly, i cannot put it nicely...

i don't really get what this means, but thank you so much for all your advices. i decided to take the Touro offer, i was wavering b/w western b/c i kind of heard that it is the best DO school, but i am still happy with Touro acceptance. at the end of the day, its going to make me a doctor.
its close to home and my family, the only thing that stops me is the campus, its just so ugly, i cannot put it nicely...

Ahah, ugly campuses may be a turn off, but it's the education that's most important! As long as their food is clean-ish... you'll be fine.

You made the right choice, in my always factual opinion. :thumbup:

Ahah, ugly campuses may be a turn off, but it's the education that's most important! As long as their food is clean-ish... you'll be fine.

You made the right choice, in my always factual opinion. :thumbup:
Agreed, congrats OP, you're going to be a physician!