Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baylormtb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a rejection letter from my final hopeful school the other day. No med school for me in 05 I guess. I am looking to find a job doing reasearch of some sort in either Houston or Dallas. My question is this: how do I go about finding these jobs/positions? The websites to the medical schools are fairly confusing. I am looking to do reasearch in a physiology or cancer related field. My GPA is a 3.7 with a bio major, but I don't have lab experience outside of my coursework. Does anybody have some info to steer me in the right direction? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I went about getting my research job at UT southwestern by going to the HR department and giving them my application and resume. I also went during a job fair at southwestern and talked to a recruiter who then hooked me up with an interview with my current PI. With in a week I had a job offered to me. I had no experience either. Persistance I think is the key good luck.