Any Advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

melon1

I am graduating from undergrad. this may in about a week. I've applied to 3 DO schools and got interviewd at one but rejected from the other 2. I haven;t heard from NYCOM yet and have called them every week almost

do i still have a chance at NYCOM or not- at the interview they said i would know 4 weeks a/f i interviewed but i haven;t anything yet

any suggestions?- do i reapply again for next year or not- i strated that application process very late - my suppplementals just made the March deadlines

Members don't see this ad.

just out of curiosity...what is your GPA and MCAT scores? do you think those will give you a push over the other applicants?

MCAT and GPA almost don't matter once you have been interviewed. They liked the numbers and that's why you were chosen. They are comparing your total package. There is a deadline for people with multiple acceptances to only hold one. Therefore more acceptances will be sent out as people choose. It's coming soon so be patient still. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
my mcat scores were a 24 and my GPA is a 3.73
my scores aren't great but they're not bad either-

what do you think

You need to apply to more schools next time if you don't get accepted. Apply to the non state supported schools. Unless you are a resident of that particular state, if it is a state sponsored school, your chances are pretty low unless you have a much higher MCAT. Private schools (DO) that you should apply:UHS,DMU,AZCOM,CCOM,LECOM,WUCOMP,Toro,
NECOM.

did you get a letter from a DO. i have friends here because they got letter from NYCOM graduated DO. i think they tend to carry alot of weight if they also happen to be faculty here at NYCOM.

you chances are still alive and well. you might get wait-listed though since it's pretty late already and the slots tend to be filled up by the end of february/march. but i hear that they are also increasing the number of acceptance from 240 to 260 this year. it's just it might be three days before school starts when they call you up to tell you to come to NYCOM.