Any Asian Indian Pre-Meds Out There? part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junebuguf

Yo ***...Pimp My AMCAS
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing my postbac which I started in spring. I might be applying next year. I've been keeping in touch with Mrs. Jackson periodically to discuss my situation and been following her advice. I would suggest you keep in touch with her as well. BTW: Dr. Wathington is no longer with USF. So right now, Mrs. Jackson is heading up the things that Dr. Wathington used to handle.

I thought you were in post-bacc already. Well, you certainly have the inside track on USF. I might have actually gone to USF if Dr. Wathington had gotten back to me about the program. Oh well, I ended up in Boston, which is better known that the USF SMP, though a lot more expensive, and not necessarily better. Are you doing the SMP at USF?

Members don't see this ad.

What SMP are you in?

Gujudoc DONT do the surgery!!! Junebuguf wont love you either way, even if you do become a man!

Boston University. And after one year of absolute, pure, hell, I'm not so sure this program is going to help me get into a med school. I was thinking of the RFU program, but they abruptly changed their curriculum and apparently unlinked the program from the med school pipeline.

Boston University. And after one year of absolute, pure, hell, I'm not so sure this program is going to help me get into a med school. I was thinking of the RFU program, but they abruptly changed their curriculum and apparently unlinked the program from the med school pipeline.

I am at the RFU program....looks to like the guarantee is somewhat still here.

We started with about 80 kids to to around 67 i think? More will leave in 2 weeks after this quarter ends (those that get Cs or Ds). So lets say 50 are left at the end of the year. I think many many of them will get in, since in past years they accepted 60 to 70 AP kids each year.

I m not aiming of a 3.0, aiming to get as high as i can...but i think if you get like 3.3 they cant refuse you?

The fate of the program rests in the hands of my class whahahahwhaha.

My class is really cool also, cooler than i thought med students would be.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of asian indian premeds out here (at rfu) haha.

I thought you were in post-bacc already. Well, you certainly have the inside track on USF. I might have actually gone to USF if Dr. Wathington had gotten back to me about the program. Oh well, I ended up in Boston, which is better known that the USF SMP, though a lot more expensive, and not necessarily better. Are you doing the SMP at USF?

No I started doing postbac in spring of 2006. I was going to do the SMP but Dr. Wathington advised me to do a postbac.

Dr. Wathington is no longer at USF so now Mrs. Jackson is currently heading everything up in the interim until they find someone to replace her.

BU's program is good. I think you'll have a shot somewhere.

This thread will live on:D

hook it up to hindustan!

yea im an indian and med-purgatory (im not premed anymore because i have acceptances to medical schools, though, im not in medical school yet)

in general ive been yelled at for being a twinkie, an oreo, and any other non-nutritious snacking food besides brownies.

beta aap run nahin karein aap fall hojayenge

yea im an indian and med-purgatory (im not premed anymore because i have acceptances to medical schools, though, im not in medical school yet)

in general ive been yelled at for being a twinkie, an oreo, and any other non-nutritious snacking food besides brownies.

Hey congrats on the acceptance!!

But if you're "white" on the inside/"brown" on the outside...wouldn't you just be a coconut? And coconuts are also not nutritious.

thats me!! and i just got into a medical school!

hook it up to hindustan!

lol spatula...living abroad has had a toll on my connection to home, but I still have a strong bond to my culture and people, sometimes its easy to forget it all.

So how is the desi world doing this application cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
dude... DrVanNostran *points at sig*

<3333 Seinfeld

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I watch Seinfeld religiously. Giddy UP!

me too dude. In fact, I measure the quality of my days based on how many Seinfeld episodes I was able to watch. They never get old... even after watching the same episode like 5 times, I still laugh my ass off.

There are so many brown Dr.'s now med schools put us at a disadvantage bc we're brown!!!

looks like i'm going D.O.

me too dude. In fact, I measure the quality of my days based on how many Seinfeld episodes I was able to watch. They never get old... even after watching the same episode like 5 times, I still laugh my ass off.

Haha, it's pathetic how our lives revolve around Seinfeld. Tonight a bunch of us out and all we seemed to talk about Constanza!

On a side note, who else is the only desi guy/girl out of all thier friends with a sub 35 MCAT? I feel like a douche lol.

On a side note, who else is the only desi guy/girl out of all thier friends with a sub 35 MCAT? I feel like a douche lol.

I am working on it, I want to be where all the other desi people are at in terms of MCAT scores :laugh:

I am there with you....below 35.

Hmmm Paki here....close enough or not quite? :smuggrin: :p

below a 35?...

please i was below 30.

did you take the computer based one?

lol im just referring to my group of friends that I grew up with, I obviously did not drink the same water.

i could go for some pita inn right about now.

paki here as well... except i'm just starting this whole premed bulls**t, just ending my freshman year and already took a semester of organic.

And by the way, when do you see a desi person who is NOT pre-med? :laugh:

Good luck to all my Indian brothers, sisters, future wives :)
Killer dosas...nah, tandori chicken!

i didn't know this thread existed! ah well i must be blind..all this talk of yum food makes me hungry at this hour of the night!

Hello all! Desi pre-doc here as well. I've heard some crazy numbers about south asians...that 25% of doctors (or was is med students) are south asian. Do any of you know is that's actually true?