1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any August MCAT'ers gotten the Wake Forest secondary yet?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SMW, Nov 15, 2001.

1. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

And does anyone know what their screening is like?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm still waiting to be screened by Wake Forest too. I believe their secondary has one or two short essays but I'm not sure exactly what...Probably "why Wake" and something else...Anyone that actually got their secondary out there? ;)

4. Barton

Barton Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i got it about 6 weeks ago. I don't remember exactly what the essays were, but I think they were "why wake" and "anything else to tell us". I composed and submitted them both in a space of about 5 minutes (it was my last secondary and I was pretty fed up).

5. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm still waiting too. Are they screening?

6. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Yes, Wake is screening. Also, they are waiting for verified AMCAS apps before reviewing individual files.

7. uncwalley

uncwalley Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I called them today and they told me that my application was now in the review pile and if I were to get a secondary, it would be mailed out in the last week of Nov. I suppose that puts all the Aug. MCATers in the same boat at Wake.

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Just got the Wake Forest secondary by e-mail today. It's on-line and they give you numeric ID and password to get in. It's due 3 weeks after you get the e-mail. I haven't really looked at it yet -- too excited about my 3 interview invites today.!! :D

9. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I got the Wake secondary email today too. I don't think I'm gonna fill it out though. I've lost interest in them... :( I don't feel like paying more money and having my letters sent again, etc...

10. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I hear what you're saying, jargon, but I'm sending mine in. Med school admissions is such a crap shoot, and I've come this far, so I might as well maximize my chances of getting in somewhere. And since Wake Forest screens, it's not like some other places I've thrown my money away at!

11. phuuma

phuuma Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi I was just reading the response and also looked at the WFU site and they mentioned that once they receive your transmitted application, they send you a green postcard. Anyone gotten one of these? This is the only secondary I am waiting on so getting a little antsy :) Hope AMCAS didn't transmit to the wrong number :p

12. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Nope, never got the green postcard!

13. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Oops, found the green postcard under a pile of junk, along with a yellow "status" postcard.