Any Baylor news anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiechris06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard lately? I'm not freakin' out...just curious.

Also, does sending a fall transcript help show continued interest, or, at $14, is it just a waste of money?

Members don't see this ad.

aggiechris06 said:
Anyone heard lately? I'm not freakin' out...just curious.

Also, does sending a fall transcript help show continued interest, or, at $14, is it just a waste of money?

I dont know if it shows continued interest, but i know that they require transcripts after your interview. Perhaps it will help....i dont see how it could possibly hurt.

I would def. send the transcript if I were you, as you seem to be extremely interested in Baylor. You might even consider sending an update letter since if I remember correctly, you said you interviewed early in the season. There is a chance they will help, but I can't imagine they would hurt.

Also, since you have not heard for a while, had Baylor already received your transcript when you interviewed? If not, do you think there is any chance that it might not have made it to your file? I'm just asking because there was some confusion about my transcript that had to be cleared up at the interview. (I presume you know that Baylor requires the official transcript before making any acceptances).

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is OT, but since you guys are familar w/ Baylor, I thought I would ask:

I was visitng Houston a couple of weeks ago, and I called Baylor COM to see if I could schedule a time to meet w/ an admissions advisor/officer/etc., to ask some questions and check out the campus. The lady on the phone simply said: "There is no one here you can talk to. If you have any questions, just call and ask, no need to come in person. You can walk around the campus if it is open, thanks"

Is there really no representation on the adcom over there for me to talk to? Seemed kinda odd.

Rocket, that is a little strange. When we interviewed, there wre definitely people to talk to. I imagine that during the week, at least one of these same persons would be around and available to talk to. I think maybe she just didn't want you headed out just to ask a few questions when you could do that over the phone. Actually, the more I think about it, it was probably said to dissuade too many random people showing up, asking about their interview/accpetance status and mucking up the front office with traffic.

And yeah, I think I said it in the other thread, but when I called about my transcripts, the lady on the phone realized that someone else's was in my folder, so there has been at least one mis-file this round.

MadameLULU said:
haha, yeah right.

Seriously, just calm down a bit. They're not done interviewing yet (2 more sessions to go) and I'm sure they haven't filled all of their spots.
whoa, have people been invited for those 2 sessions then?

goodeats said:
Rocket, that is a little strange. When we interviewed, there wre definitely people to talk to. I imagine that during the week, at least one of these same persons would be around and available to talk to. I think maybe she just didn't want you headed out just to ask a few questions when you could do that over the phone. Actually, the more I think about it, it was probably said to dissuade too many random people showing up, asking about their interview/accpetance status and mucking up the front office with traffic.

And yeah, I think I said it in the other thread, but when I called about my transcripts, the lady on the phone realized that someone else's was in my folder, so there has been at least one mis-file this round.

Yeah, I mean when I called a few other schools they were like, sure first check out the website, if you have any more questions (which I do have), just call us, and we can schedule an interview with the advisor/officer/head of admissions office/etc. It would be nice to meet someone who might be looking over my application though!!! (maybe they would feel guilty about rejecting me after meeting me!) LOL!

yourmom25 said:
whoa, have people been invited for those 2 sessions then?
I thought there would be more than 2 sessions left since Baylor told me that they interview throughout February.

Yeah...any calls/news from Baylor lately?

chaeymaey said:
I thought there would be more than 2 sessions left since Baylor told me that they interview throughout February.

The sessions are held every other week, and I heard directly from the adcom's before this one yesterday that there were only 3 left. So only 2 left now.

I interviewed yesterday, and it was my first time to the texas medical center. What an amazing school, the people are awesome!!!

it seems like people already got notified for the Feb 10th interviews, so only one left? :(

miller13 said:

I hope the silence on this thread indicates that Baylor has not called another round of accepted students since the meeting they obstensibly had last Friday.

i hadn't heard anything yet