Any benefit to doing an interview in late August vs. September or October?

Maybedoc1

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2017
I recently received an interview invitation for a school and they have a lot of open interview dates. Everything from late August to Early/Mid/Late September, October etc. I'm wondering if there is any benefit of doing an interview in two weeks rather than the end of September or something like that? If I understand correctly, the soonest I could be offered an acceptance would be October 15th. I remember the stress of waiting a month for my MCAT scores so I'm thinking the less time spent waiting to hear back from the school the better. Am I missing anything here?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I recently received an interview invitation for a school and they have a lot of open interview dates. Everything from late August to Early/Mid/Late September, October etc. I'm wondering if there is any benefit of doing an interview in two weeks rather than the end of September or something like that? If I understand correctly, the soonest I could be offered an acceptance would be October 15th. I remember the stress of waiting a month for my MCAT scores so I'm thinking the less time spent waiting to hear back from the school the better. Am I missing anything here?
Just because Oct 15th is earliest a school can announce acceptance, the vast majority of acceptance are not sent out until well after the new year

Reactions: 1 users

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Candor Chasma
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
If you expect to have several interviews, you might want the earlist one to be a school you are less enthusiastic about so that the interview there is a "dress rehearsal" for the interview at the school that is more important to you.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.