Any benefits of finishing all the MCAT topic courses by the end of your junior year fall semester?

Danny L

2+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm trying to decide between the 2nd semester of physics and a course for my major that's only offered in the fall (in addition to biochem). Are there any benefits to finishing all your pre reqs before winter break of your junior year?

My thoughts..
I know you should try to avoid taking the MCAT twice if possible so my plan is to take the MCAT in May. Finishing all the pre reqs would give me the option to take it in the spring. What's the recommended time to take the MCAT?

Finishing all the pre reqs would allow you to study all topics starting winter break. Taking some in the spring semester lessens the amount you need to review (the course and studying for the final is your "review")

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
The best time to take the MCAT is when you are ready. Of course, if you are planning on applying next cycle, then you'll want to avoid taking the MCAT later in the summer (i.e. July, August). If you are planning on taking the MCAT in May, then there is no need to cram all of the pre-reqs into the fall semester.