Any blogs to read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamsoopaman

Part Time Super Hero
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am preparing myself for the verbal section of the MCAT, as well as writing personal statements and honing my interview skills. I know practically everyone suggests reading newspaper articles and/or journal articles, but are there any blogs that people read that seem to be interesting but also written well????

Members don't see this ad.

I like this one

But there are millions of blogs out there. There was a thread awhile back for those of us on SDN who had blogs to post about them, so check it out here.

If you're preparing for the verbal section on the MCAT, I'd recommend reading pseudo-trade rags like Nature and American Scientist. I think that reading blogs, which are intended to be read online and are therefore sort of pithy and terse, might not be the best style for verbal sections on the MCAT.

I agree with the above poster.

Also most blogs are not as ambiguous or dense as verbal passages you are likely to encounter unless it's a blog written by someone named "Sir Fordham Wentworth Windermyer III" and it's entitled "A study of colloquialism, imperialism, colonialism and the politics and philosophy of the patriarchial world".

Snobby bastard.