any calls yet for GI for 2010??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hematemesis -

You had 5 interviews last year which programs did you interview last year?. Did you get calls from those programs this year too ?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not apply to the programs I got interviews from last year. I applied to only 30 programs this year based on my prior experience. So far 8 interviews, 5 or 6 rejects and not heard from the rest so presume they are not interested or are starting late.

I see on ERAS that my UNC-Chapel Hill application is "available but not retrieved" - anyone else whose application has not yet been downloaded by UNC?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emory
Johns Hopkins / Bayview
UNC
Harlen Hospital
SUNY Stony Brook

Well looks like the tension is building up......85 programs applied to 6 interviews....and almost half have already called candidates ( only 9 rejections so far for me)may be there is just too many of us to sent " sorry try next time" emails to.

So any news or updates on any Chicago programs....has anyone received an invite from any of them.

Alrt folks hope its good weeks ahead of us:):(

you r right polyp...i guess we are too many applicants and looks like everyone is applying almost everywhere..its i am sure a difficult selection process..

Hi IBD doc, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but JHU Bayview has withdrawn accreditation and merged with JHU so your application will probably never be downloaded. Its a shame that ERAS keeps such programs on their list which brings me to my earlier statement. PLEASE RESEARCH PROGRAMS before applying to them.

UTSW by email a couple of days ago

Folks, any one who has interviewed already please post your interview experience.

USC (Southern Cal) by phone today

UMDNJ-Robert Wood last week, Cornell and St. Luke's Roosevelt invites today

USC (Southern Cal) by phone today
thank you buddy! my cell phone was off today and I usually don't check my messages. after I read this I checked my messages and I got it!!!!
thanks again

RUSH rejection today

Members don't see this ad :)
I see on ERAS that my UNC-Chapel Hill application is "available but not retrieved" - anyone else whose application has not yet been downloaded by UNC?
Thanks.

Super Mario, UNC hasn't dowloaded my application either. Does anyone know if they are going through the match for their one spot or it's been internally filled already?

got a rush invite yesterday (my home institution).

1) Rush invite (external)-yesterday
2) UC-irvine (last week)
3) UT-Houston (last week)

I think those are the most recent ones....

Rush yesterday, anyone know anything about this program?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from Penn? Temple? Northwestern? BIDMC? Tufts? Mt. Sinai NYC? Cornell?

Has anyone heard from Penn? Temple? Northwestern? BIDMC? Tufts? Mt. Sinai NYC? Cornell?

I have heard Tufts gave out some interviews, and Cornell sent an invite a few days ago. The others haven't sent out invites or rejections yet, as far as I know.

I emailed Michigan to update my CV and was told that they have offered some interviews but are still reviewing applications

VCU by email today

North Shore LIJ today by phone.

So far: Yale, MGH, Columbia, BU, Brigham, NYMC, Memorial Sloan Kettering, NYU, UMDNJ-RWJ, St. Luke's Roosevelt, Cornell, and NSUH-LIJ

UCLA rejection with a lengthy email
Allegheny rejection
The forum is calm for last couple of days - wonder why? Interviewing? or valentine day?

UC Davis yesterday

mcw today - for interview this saturday.

One for Oral Presentation and two for posters at DDW as first author.
See ya'll in the Windy City !!

Are you guys calling the programs to update your CV with the posters/presentations? Can anyone with more experience tell me what percentage of programs don't answer at all?

Hi guys
I am new to this group, but really appreciate the updates posted here!
I am a FMG from small university program.

is sending E-Mail sufficient to update CV or calling might make a difference. any thoughts.

Are you guys calling the programs to update your CV with the posters/presentations? Can anyone with more experience tell me what percentage of programs don't answer at all?

Hematemesis. I just got a publication in a GI journal and 3 posters in for DDW. For updating your CV wht do you think we should be doing. Call or email.

Polyp, I think for places you have interviews from you should call and email your updated CV. Do the same for places where you really want to go or still have hopes of getting an interview. Also take the updated CV and or publications with you to your interview and give it to the PD in person. I don't know if the updates on the CV are going to make a difference to programs you have not heard back from, but it would'nt hurt to send them in is my guess.

Relax! constipated and have a dinner in a resturant serving hot spicy food this coming SAT and enjoy your Sunday :scared:, you will be no more constipated.

As far as interview invitations are concerned it seems they can come whenever they feel like. Just think, most programs are not that organized and as they receive more then 300 (+-100) applications, with one PD and his secretary to evaluate those, it is tough to review all of them especially if the PD is short staffed, especially if they are getting out of the endoscopy suite later then 5 pm. So I think in this advance, fast pace, highly technological world an application may get a 30 seconds eye scan and if the name, place of residency and publications does not stimulate the reward center of the hypogylcemic PD then that application will never be seen again and hence the program even forgets that you applied there and never informs you about your application.
I am just guessing from previous experience.
WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST!!!

Just being optimist, do you guys think there are programs who might still send calls.
Any past experiences about calls in march?

yup, still going...

got Michigan

New invites
1) UC-Davis
2) Stanford

Mt. Sinai NYC rejection

Got a crappy email from UIC saying they only have research position available. They have done it ( if u look back in 2008 threads) before, and have been violating the match

Why dont they let us know if they only want our money and not our application

is it just me or have the interview invitations ceased for the past 1.5wks?

I have not heard anything after Jan. any new calls for anyone?

offered an interview via email at UNC. otherwise, just crickets over the past 2 weeks. it's been real quite.

got wayne state on friday... other than that, a few rejections in the last 2 wks but no other invites.

Interview at U. Kansas-KC

Rejections: Loyola, LSU-New Orleans, Baylor-Dallas

Anyone heard from Louisville?

Hematemesis hows it going...any more interviews..any tips on interviews

No interviews in past 2 weeks...6 in total now...bunch of rejections- UIC, Loyola, Rush, Baylor, Metrohealth

No interviews in past 2 weeks...6 in total now...bunch of rejections- UIC, Loyola, Rush, Baylor, Metrohealth[/quote]

did the rejection from loyola come via email or snail mail?

No interviews in past 2 weeks...6 in total now...bunch of rejections- UIC, Loyola, Rush, Baylor, Metrohealth

did the rejection from loyola come via email or snail mail?[/quote]

Rejection via snail mail

i got providence in detroit and st luke's-roosevelt (prob an interview cancellation) offers this week

here are all my interviews that i have obtained:
mgh, brigham, hopkins, penn, umich, northwestern, pittsburgh, uva, unc, emory.
Rejection: university of chicago

One for Oral Presentation and two for posters at DDW as first author.
See ya'll in the Windy City !![/quote

3 posters for DDW..see yu there

hey polyp and hematemesis you guys rock! how did you get 3 posters in at DDW? that's amazing! I only submitted one poster and it got accepted too! but it took me a while to get my abstract in and everything....I can't even imagine doing 3! chicago here I come!

Hi, did anyone hear from Beth Israel in Boston, MA.

Rejections from wake forest and Albert Einstein phily

Status
Not open for further replies.