Any Canadian applicant pulled off the waitlist at US school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadanon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian citizen on the wait list for Wayne State. I have been told most movement will occur on or after May 15th. This concerns me a little because this might be a short duration to work out the visa / fees and other procedural things.

Is there any precedence for a Canadian applicant being pulled off the wait list at Wayne State? or a US medical school in general?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Canadian citizen on the wait list for Wayne State. I have been told most movement will occur on or after May 15th. This concerns me a little because this might be a short duration to work out the visa / fees and other procedural things.

Is there any precedence for a Canadian applicant being pulled off the wait list at Wayne State? or a US medical school in general?

Yes Canadians get off the list, no you don't get special treatment I would assume.

Every school is different, some will start working the waitlist in Mar/Apr once interviews are over, others (most?) will wait until 5/15 when you have to pick one acceptance so they know how many slots they actually have.

For now, cross your fingers and wait. Sorry.