Quantcast
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoctorX-men

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi there!
I'm sorry if I've been posting quite a bit recently. I was just wondering if there are any Canadian Medical Students (or Residents/Doctors) out there on this website. I understand that Canadian medical schools are just a little bit more competitive than US medical schools (I don't mean to bash on the US so please don't take this as an offence). From my research, there are no DO schools here in Canada, literally just MD schools... But by all means please correct me if I'm wrong!

Now, my dream is to be able to study and stay here in Canada since its where my family lives and we don't know/don't have any family members in the US... :(

If there are any Canadian medical students out there, I would just like to ask some advice on what you did in your undergrad years and if its not too much to ask, I would like to ask for your Stats when you applied for Medical school such as your GPA and MCAT scores (old or new).
Also, would you mind sharing some of your Extracurricular activities and where you volunteered in undergrad (was it mainly in a hospital?). Any informations would be amazing!

I understand that I have a long road ahead of me and I don't mean to compare myself to people but its just good to have an idea on what Canadians students did to make themselves stand out a little bit more. :)
Thank you all in advance!

NotASerialKiller

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Canadian med student, but unfortunately I'm also quite keen on anonymity so I don't like to give specifics about my stats, where I studied, etc. If you want to message me I can give you ballpark answers and general advice, but you can also check out premed101.com which is the Canadian equivalent of SDN. You won't find too many other Canadian med students here.