Any Canadians applying to US pharm schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckkk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,

Are there any Canadians applying to US pharm schools?
I have some questions with coursework and how the semester credits are calculated and so...

The Ge Bio/ Gen Chem courses I took at my institution are the science courses for major students (3lecture hrs and 3lab hrs) and apparently my courses don't meet the requirement for some schools in the US.
I don't understand this because the courses I took are the ones for Major Science students and there is nothing else I can do about it ;(
I'm sure it is the same curriculum as the US undergraduate science courses..... and I've explained this situation but I don't think they understand...
Also, they are saying that I cannot combine with other science courses either.....

Are there any Canadian students applying and are having a similar situation?
Help me out here, thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, did you already send your transcripts into WES / ECE? Generally most courses are transferable. I haven't had too much of a problem with my courses yet (considering that you have up till matriculation to complete them and you can just complete some of them at a US college) Which schools are you applying to?

Hey ,

Yes, I send them into WES but most of my first yr bio/chem credits were calculated to be 6semester credits... but the US curriculum requires them to be 8... THere's nothing I can do about it since the course I took IS the major general science for science students in first year!

However, it seems weird that my friend applied with the same courses and he still got interviews so I'm going to call the schools and tell them that if they say there is a problem with my credit hours.

My gpa isn't so great so I am applying to schools with lower gpa req... like albany, touro college, regis, rosalind franklin and mcphs. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to USC, UoP, Pacific U, UCSF. My GPA isn't that great either, but so far I've managed to snag an interview invite for Pacific U. Haven't heard back from the rest of them yet :( I don't think its too much of a problem. You should e-mail the advisors. They're actually really helpful, and really nice about it all. In addition, you have time after acceptance to finish any remaining courses (as long as its before matriculation)

HI,

Are there any Canadians applying to US pharm schools?
I have some questions with coursework and how the semester credits are calculated and so...

The Ge Bio/ Gen Chem courses I took at my institution are the science courses for major students (3lecture hrs and 3lab hrs) and apparently my courses don't meet the requirement for some schools in the US.
I don't understand this because the courses I took are the ones for Major Science students and there is nothing else I can do about it ;(
I'm sure it is the same curriculum as the US undergraduate science courses..... and I've explained this situation but I don't think they understand...
Also, they are saying that I cannot combine with other science courses either.....

Are there any Canadian students applying and are having a similar situation?
Help me out here, thanks!!!

AHAHAH I was gonna look at this thread to find some answers for a friend. Turn outs the OP IS that friend LOLOLO:thumbup: