Any Canadians waiting for NYU letter??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedkdy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, do you guys think we can get it by tomorrow if it was sent on NOV31?
Im in Toronto by the way.

Members don't see this ad.

Any Canadians waiting for NYU letter??
YESSSS!! Going crazy here. I haven't been able to study all weekend, even though I have 5 finals, beginning on Friday :scared:.

The admissions director told us that they will overnight letters to Canada because they've had the tendency to get lost in previous years -- Thus, I'm hoping for something good tomorrow :).

PS: Nov 31st doesn't exist...

when did NYU have your completed applications with DAT and everything? I am still hoping for an interview there but haven't heard anything =(

Members don't see this ad :)
when did NYU have your completed applications with DAT and everything? I am still hoping for an interview there but haven't heard anything =(

I submitted my application on the first week of june and wrote DAT on July 17. So, I believe my application was completed by then.

Submitted July 14th
Mailed Aug 21st
Email that it was complete from the school Oct 5th
Interview Email Oct 22nd

Same here! Can't wait, I'm in Vancouver

since you are in Van, i guess you might have to receive anything tomorrow since it's west coast.
Umm ok, that made absolutely no sense at all.

Hey guys, fellow Canadian here. Just wondering if you've heard anything from other schools as well??

I interviewed at NYU as well... so here's hoping for some good news tomorrow :luck:

Vancouver Island here... I'm hoping the letter gets here quick too!

It looks like they've sent letters out to people in the US (some NY residents were already getting letters on the 30th) so if they overnighted for us on the 30th, maybe we'll all get something tomorrow...

Members don't see this ad :)
Vancouver Island here... I'm hoping the letter gets here quick too!

It looks like they've sent letters out to people in the US (some NY residents were already getting letters on the 30th) so if they overnighted for us on the 30th, maybe we'll all get something tomorrow...

I hope we do... NYC is such a sick city. I'm from Toronto and managed to get an acceptance to UConn.. which I'm still shocked about. Also waiting to hear from UPenn.

On the brighter side.. there is enough powder outside to go boarding/skiing now! w00t!

hey guys!

I'm also waiting with baited breath for the NYU letter.. i loved it there... fortunately i'm accepted to UPitt too, gonna be a hard choice

btw i'm in toronto too

Same here! Can't wait, I'm in Vancouver

I am waiting for the acceptance letter from NYU too!
I live in Vancouver (actually Coquitlam) and I don't think we are going to get the mail tomorrow due to the snow warning! :(
Look outside! It's snowing like crazy!

I live in Vancouver (actually Coquitlam) and I don't think we are going to get the mail tomorrow due to the snow warning! :(

Woah, I didn't know there are quite of few Vancouver applicants for NYU. I am also waiting for my acceptance letter. I live in Surrey and snow is piling up in front of my door. I think that I will save the trouble checking my mailbox in the snow storm, and just call NYU to confirm instead.

Nah, Don't worry about it too much, its supposed to rain all night and the temperature is supposed to go up!

Woah, I didn't know there are quite of few Vancouver applicants for NYU. I am also waiting for my acceptance letter. I live in Surrey and snow is piling up in front of my door. I think that I will save the trouble checking my mailbox in the snow storm, and just call NYU to confirm instead.

I called them on Friday and they said they are not allowed to tell the applicants about the status over the phone. I wish they can just tell us on Monday.

Nah, Don't worry about it too much, its supposed to rain all night and the temperature is supposed to go up!

I also have 4 finals starting on this coming Thursday but I can't concentrate on studying anymore...Waiting sucks!!!

I called them on Friday and they said they are not allowed to tell the applicants about the status over the phone. I wish they can just tell us on Monday.
Yeah, I don't think they'll tell you anything over the phone. The admissions director told us at my interview that you'll have to wait for the letter :(, and call if you don't recieve anything by the end of the week of Dec 3rd.

Yeah, I don't think they'll tell you anything over the phone. The admissions director told us at my interview that you'll have to wait for the letter :(, and call if you don't recieve anything by the end of the week of Dec 3rd.

where do you live?

oh okay. Thanks guys. You guys save me a long distance call to NY. Good thing that I only have one final to study for. Good luck on your finals. Are you guys waiting acceptance letter from other schools too?

Hey guys, fellow Canadian here. Just wondering if you've heard anything from other schools as well??

I interviewed at NYU as well... so here's hoping for some good news tomorrow :luck:

I interviewed at Case, USC as well, but still haven't heard anything from them.
I wish I get more interviews next month or so.

Oh Good luck with those school. I am assuming you also applied for UBC?

I applied for UBC and few other US dental school, but my first choice is Loma Linda. I interviewed there last month. Other than the location, I really love the curriculum and the faculty members there.

darn, so many canadians waiting on nyu! count me in! :D
i'm waiting for the interview, though. :S

Hey lots of people from BC and Toronto. I am from Calgary, doing undergrad in the states already. Waiting for NYU as well but I got good news from PITT. We will see what happens NYU dental school was unbelievable.

i'm from edmonton and waiting for a columbia acceptance (hopefully). when do you think a letter would get to the west coast here? any idea?

I'm loving all the Canadians in this thread. Other than my close friends.. I really felt like we weren't represented enough during this whole process.

Good to see some acceptances around here... nice to know we won't be as stressed struggling through that 3.91 AVG at U of T loll.

dackmonkey, it really depends on how the school sent out their acceptances. From what I've seen on that "2012 acceptance" thread.. no one has heard from Columbia yet. So you may be in for a bit of a wait.. maybe the end of next week to early the week after? stay strong dude...

I'm loving all the Canadians in this thread. Other than my close friends.. I really felt like we weren't represented enough during this whole process.

Good to see some acceptances around here... nice to know we won't be as stressed struggling through that 3.91 AVG at U of T loll.

dackmonkey, it really depends on how the school sent out their acceptances. From what I've seen on that "2012 acceptance" thread.. no one has heard from Columbia yet. So you may be in for a bit of a wait.. maybe the end of next week to early the week after? stay strong dude...

i think there is a thread on columbia c/o 2012 but it's a lot further down cuz it seems that only people who live really close have gotten it so far and not many people have contributed to the thread. hopefully by the end of the week i'll have received something.

The great thing is, according to last years numbers, if you get an interview the chances of getting in are pretty good
! http://www.nyu.edu/dental/academicprograms/dds/characteristics.html

By my calculations, for out of state, there's a 68% chance of being accepted.
But then again knowing my luck.......
Wow - I nevered bothered to crunch those numbers, but those are some good odds. I always thought it was around 60%, but it's closer to 70%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully we'll all hear some really good news tomorrow :D.

I didn't realize there were so many Canadians on SDN, that's awesome. I hope everyone is dealing okay with the cold/snow/freezing rain we're being hit with :laugh:.

Hello Fellow Canadians. I will apply next year hopefully. I am in Ottawa U studying Health sciences. Did you guys write the Canadian DAT and used that only for your DAT portion of the application or did u also write the American DAT?

Thanks

Someone on the forum said they received an acceptance letter from Columbia - but he lives just outside of NYC. If a letter had been sent out on Friday for those of us that are waiting to hear from Columbia, I would expect it to arrive by the end of the week.

Did you guys write the Canadian DAT and used that only for your DAT portion of the application or did u also write the American DAT?

I only wrote the Canadian DAT - the schools that don't accept the Canadian DAT also probably don't accept international students.

Someone on the forum said they received an acceptance letter from Columbia - but he lives just outside of NYC. If a letter had been sent out on Friday for those of us that are waiting to hear from Columbia, I would expect it to arrive by the end of the week.

I only wrote the Canadian DAT - the schools that don't accept the Canadian DAT also probably don't accept international students.

how high up is columbia on your list?

Wow - I nevered bothered to crunch those numbers, but those are some good odds. I always thought it was around 60%, but it's closer to 70%. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully we'll all hear some really good news tomorrow :D.

I didn't realize there were so many Canadians on SDN, that's awesome. I hope everyone is dealing okay with the cold/snow/freezing rain we're being hit with :laugh:.

Yeah the odds are good but chances are most of those people did not get accepted in the first round and had to wait. Thats probably what's going to happen to me :laugh:

BTW the snow is all melting away in East Van with all that rain that we're having

wow i didnt realize how many canadians are on sdn. I am from vancouver too but didnt apply this year. When you guys submitted your application did you have to send your letters of references right away or do they ask for those later? It seems like most schools want 3 from professors. i have a feeling im going to have trouble getting 3 considering the fairly large class sizes... its hard to develop a relationship with professors. Anyone else have this problem?

how high up is columbia on your list?

Well, out of the two schools I interviewed it, it is my #1. I've already been accepted to Nova, and have an interview at BU scheduled for January, but once I receive the official letter, I might cancel the BU interview.

i have a feeling im going to have trouble getting 3 considering the fairly large class sizes... its hard to develop a relationship with professors. Anyone else have this problem?

I also had difficulty getting letters - some schools want letters from chem profs and bio profs, other just require 2 science profs and 1 non-science prof. Since AADSAS only allows you 4 letters, I sent in letters from 2 science profs, 1 non-science prof, and 1 dentist. Thus, I wasn't able to complete the application of some schools. Also, like you said, it's difficult to develop a relationship with the prof, so just try to get as many good letters as you can, e.g., from your dentist, or at least one of the profs.

Has anyone received a letter today? Does anyone know if it will come from UPS or Canada Post?

does UPS guy allways deliver the mail to directly to me? Or does I still need to check my mail box? I have never received any mail from UPS before and my mail box is like 500 meter way from my home.

Is there anybody who got their acceptance letter and lives in West coast?

GO CANADA!
it's so great 2 see so many sdn cdns :D
i was just wondering if ne 1 interviewed @ midwestern & got accepted??

IM IN! WOOOOOoooo Check your mail guys its overnight delivery!! Should be in today (Monday)

i got it just now. i'm in vancouver.

Can be part of the canadian club? My mom's canadian. Technically I am too!