Any Canadians waiting for NYU letter??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my father is from montreal but he's lived in NY for 30+ years.
can i still be considered canadian?
how did the canadians receive letters before NYers?

Members don't see this ad.

my father is from montreal but he's lived in NY for 30+ years.
can i still be considered canadian?
how did the canadians receive letters before NYers?

we're just a lot cooler :D

i mean, canadians who've received letters. im uncool; i dont even have an interview!

i think nyu has lots of people to mail letters to, so it'll take some time. they use ups for canada, which is why it's faster.

they sent them all on the same day (friday)
californians received it before me. weird huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true that they UPS it to canada? Does that mean i have to be present at my house to receive said letter??? I've been waiting for this letter for so long, but I have a few tests and work to do so I can't sit at home waiting!! :(

Is it true that they UPS it to canada? Does that mean i have to be present at my house to receive said letter??? I've been waiting for this letter for so long, but I have a few tests and work to do so I can't sit at home waiting!! :(

You don't have to sign for it or anythng. If you're not there, it'll prob be left in your mail box :rolleyes:.

The thing is, you need a key to get into my mailbox, and I think only the canada post mailman has this key... sighh

UPS delivers to your house- not your Canada Post mailbox with the key...

Er, yeah - I guess I'm confused by what you're asking...

UPS delivers to your house- not your Canada Post mailbox with the key... :rolleyes:

I appreciate your quick replies, but I think we're on a misunderstanding here. Nevertheless, I will just wait it out.

Hey finally got home and guess what was waiting for me? A big envelope! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::banana::banana: :banana: :banana:
So its finally over time to :sleep:

And its time to make a donation to SDN

i got it just now. i'm in vancouver.

I guess I'm going to get one tomorrow then. I live in Port Moody. :(
Hopefully, I can post something good here tomorrow!

YEEEEHAWWWWW!!!! NYU!! UPS dude left it on my front steps today! So awesome that there are so many canadians wanting to go to NYU!

Another question, how are you canadians gonna pay for it, considering we don't have as many loan options as our American brethren...?

Don't know how I'm going to pay for it but It'll all sort itself out in the end!

Members don't see this ad :)
YEEEEHAWWWWW!!!! NYU!! UPS dude left it on my front steps today! So awesome that there are so many canadians wanting to go to NYU!

Another question, how are you canadians gonna pay for it, considering we don't have as many loan options as our American brethren...?

Congratulations! I live in Port Moody (1hr from Vancouver) and got nothing so far....
I don't know if I can get it by tomorrow.
I'm so worried.... :(

got rejected. with good stats.

Congratulations! I live in Port Moody (1hr from Vancouver) and got nothing so far....

Don't worry too much, maybe its cuz of the snow you guys had a few days back... i used to be from vancouver so i know that the snow removal isn't up to the level of toronto's lol! so maybe UPS dudes got stuck somewhere! as long as you think you did alright in the interview, i'm sure you have a good chance!:thumbup:

Rewina I'm feeling your pain!!:( I'm expecting things to be at least a day behind since I'm on the island, but I was still holding out some hope that it would come today...

And just to add insult to injury, today I watched a UPS truck slow down in front of my house, pull over in front of my neighbour's house, turn his hazards on, and then he sat there... I was just getting ready to run out and tell him he was off by one house and he drove away, never to return again:cry::cry::cry:

rewina i am pulling for you!! keep hope alive and we'll see each other in class this time next year!

Rewina I'm feeling your pain!!:( I'm expecting things to be at least a day behind since I'm on the island, but I was still holding out some hope that it would come today...

And just to add insult to injury, today I watched a UPS truck slow down in front of my house, pull over in front of my neighbour's house, turn his hazards on, and then he sat there... I was just getting ready to run out and tell him he was off by one house and he drove away, never to return again:cry::cry::cry:

I can totally understand how you feel!!! I was tryting to study today but then whenever car goes by, I was standing by the window and looking for UPS truck! I hope we both get some good news tomorrow!

rewina i am pulling for you!! keep hope alive and we'll see each other in class this time next year!

Thank you keving! I called NYU admission office today, and they said they sent me the mail on Friday for sure and sometimes it takes longer than usual esp when you are in Canada. :(:(:(
I wish we all can be in the same class next year!

Good luck to you too Rewina! Hopefully the UPS guy shows up tomorrow and that it'll be finally over!

Good luck to you too Rewina! Hopefully the UPS guy shows up tomorrow and that it'll be finally over!

Thank you!!! I am so looking forward to seeing you guys next year!
UPS UPS UPS UPS UPS UPS UPS!!! :( :( :( :( :(

I'm STILL waiting for something... how 'bout you rewina?

I just got my letter of acceptance yesterday. It was waiting at my door for me. So exciting!!! I loved NYC. Excited at the prospect of living there. Financing it all should be interesting though...

Hey guys,

I saw this thread and it caught my attention for two reasons..Im Canadian (Richmond) and go to NYU. So let me congratulate you guys on your acceptances! Its a great time to be joining the dental field in general but more importantly for you...an awesome time to be joining the NYU fam! So congrats and enjoy it while it lasts!

I'm STILL waiting for something... how 'bout you rewina?

I can't believe that I am still waiting! I don't know if it got lost on the way or something but at the same time, i'm too scared to call them

Hey Rewina, try calling them again. I heard someone say that if you haven't heard anything by yesterday to call them and they would email you the results
Good Luck!

i havn't heard anything yet either. interviewed dec 4th. expecting rejection or waitlist. i'd rather stay here in quebec anyways and save about 85K a year in loans. although i must admit NYU impressed me on interview day..great facilities..nice students + faculty etc..

I'm in!!!:hardy::hardy::hardy: I called yesterday and it was sent (and signed for:confused:) to the wrong address. When I called, he e-mailed me the letter. I'm ecstatic!!! If you haven't got your letter yet, call them, they are very accomodating. Good luck all! See you in August:D

I'm in!!!:hardy::hardy::hardy: I called yesterday and it was sent (and signed for:confused:) to the wrong address. When I called, he e-mailed me the letter. I'm ecstatic!!! If you haven't got your letter yet, call them, they are very accomodating. Good luck all! See you in August:D

Congratulations!!!!!
I must call them tomorrow then!
I wish I get the same answer!!!
Congratulations again!