Any Canadians ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desi_06

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi..

I'm interested in applying to U.S. dental schools, and was wondering if any canadians have applied to u.s. dental schools, have gotten in, and with what gpa???

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Canadian. I applied to two dental schools and interviewed at both. I think I will hear from them in a month or two. BTW, my GPA was like 3.7 and my DAT is above 20 across the boards except PAT where I got 19.

Gah.. That's overkill. Prettymean, you'll get in fine... unless you're a dick. :)

I'm 2nd year at Tufts, went to UoT for unda'grad.

Graduated with a 3.3, 3.5 in science. My overall DAT was 22.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Canada and applied to alot of US schools this year. So far, I've been accepted at tufts, nyu and boston; interview invites to temple and usc. I haven't heard back from any others. My cumulative GPA is 3.42, Academic average is 19.
I was interviewed last year at u of t and at Western, but was ultimately waitlisted. Hopefully i get in this year.

I'm just wondering fellow canadians, when applying to US dental schools did you write the US DAT or apply with the Canadian DAT?

do the majority of US dental school accept canadian's??

I'm not Canadian, but i know that only private schools tend to accept more. Good schools to apply are:

BU, NYU, Temple, PENN, Columbia, USC, NOVA, Tufts, etc.

DesiDentist

Has anyone gotten an interview invite at UofA? I'm beginning to think my application was incomplete or something. Better send a mail pq here to find out.

Rampart

I'm not Canadian either, but I have seen Strange Brew so I feel that I have a pretty thorough grasp of the Canadian psyche. And I agree with Desi; state schools are a poor bet. Unless your stats are golden, it's prolly not worth the time and money spent interviewing. Stick with the private schools.

Lemme lower the bar even futher .. frm Dante60 :)

I just got accepted @ Tufts, BU and NYU and waitlisted @ Temple cos my app was late (since the DAT's are in Nov.)

I graduated from UOft with a cummmal GPA of 3.15 and Science GPA of 2.9 ...that said I have a DAT of 26 and DATPAT of 22

I'm canadian and I was accepted to the two state schools I applied to: UCONN and University of Maryland (both are significantly cheaper than the private schools).

The key is to apply early!!!