Any Caucasian (Non-Hispanic) Pre-Meds Out There??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulneuro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haha..I felt we should be included in the series of threads expressing our racial identity! Woo woo.

As for ethnicity, I am Greek, Croatian, and French. Booya for Europe.

Members don't see this ad.

Race: Caucasian/White with slight olive skin tone
Ethnicity: 50% French/25% Irish/25% English; European American :D

Greek and Croatian? There must be some mistake ! :laugh:

100% Greek. 100% Orthodox

(Oh yeah and I am white too !)

-GreekPre-Med

Members don't see this ad :)
O my god i thought i was the only white guy here...

honky-cracker-r-us!! mix of finnish, german, irish, and scottish. and proud. i'm a stubborn, head-strong, drunken, beligerant, emotionally-reserved, persistant, methodical (yet fun-loving and cuddly) punk. SISU, baby!!

I'm white. That is the correct response, right?

hopefulneuro - greek, croatian, french, and "Smart, sexy, and damn good looking" hmmm... and you're a neuro hopeful. as am i. (neuro undergrad '02 @ oberlin). quite the package now aren't we?? quel age as-tu? qu'est-ce que tu etudies maintenant? le football, les echecs, et le philosophie - quelle combinasion!

jennben4 said:
hopefulneuro - greek, croatian, french, and "Smart, sexy, and damn good looking" hmmm... and you're a neuro hopeful. as am i. (neuro undergrad '02 @ oberlin). quite the package now aren't we?? quel age as-tu? qu'est-ce que tu etudies maintenant? le football, les echecs, et le philosophie - quelle combinasion!

Je suis etudiant en troisieme annee a Penn State. J'ai des cours de l'anglais et la philosophie. J'ai vingt ans. Voyons... j'aime beaucoup des boissons froides alcoolisees!!! :thumbup: J'ai les cheveux bruns..raides, et les yeux bruns aussi. Je suis sportif, et j'adore le golf, le tennis, et la voile. Et toi?

Austrian/Hungarian/Chicagoan

Mother born in Austria, Grandparents from Austria and Hungary

I was born in Chicago, as was my dad and his parents.

I figured Chicago could make it as a nationality in my description since apparently my accent is noticeable when I leave the city here... :rolleyes:

Ancestors are from Scotland the Brave...full-blooded American here.

(I'm just waiting for some dork to come post a whiny complaint on this thread how it is racist, and how we are bigots for stating our heritage while we are in the majority, blah blah blah....)

Northern European here. Light hair, blue eyes, fair skin.

Swedish, German, Irish, Scottish, English, a little bit of native american, and probably a lot more in there I don't know about.

And I'm female, so I guess that counts as a minority in some places! :laugh:

Hmmmm....many comments seem similar to those on stormfront. Interesting...

Members don't see this ad :)
lgooden said:
Hmmmm....many comments seem similar to those on stormfront. Interesting...
???

hopefulneuro said:
Je suis etudiant en troisieme annee a Penn State. J'ai des cours de l'anglais et la philosophie. J'ai vingt ans. Voyons... j'aime beaucoup des boissons froides alcoolisees!!! :thumbup: J'ai les cheveux bruns..raides, et les yeux bruns aussi. Je suis sportif, et j'adore le golf, le tennis, et la voile. Et toi?

:barf:

Sorry, I was forced to take French for 8 years and still have a trauma.

White boy specifics=3rd generation dutch-american. VanDerVeer= from(van) the(der) town of Veere(Veer), pretty cool, but I'd rather have VanDerBeer, I think it would mean my parents were drunk when I was conceived.

hopefulneuro said:
Well, you proved your French origins here. Govoris li hrvatski onda?

jbm44 said:

If you are not aware of the website I would rather not promote it. I found it on accident and it really upset me.

lgooden said:
If you are not aware of the website I would rather not promote it. I found it on accident and it really upset me.

I googled "stormfront," and was kind of shocked myself. It's a white nationalistic website, that has the same layout as sdn's forums. The blue/gray color and everything. But these comments here are not racist, just so that we are not left out when everyone else seems to be south Asian, or hispanic, or other minorities that seem to be the majority on sdn. We have heritage too, but never get to talk about it. That's it, no other intentions or reasons.

You sound like a cutie, mustang sally.... :) Good response there

jbm44 said:
You sound like a cutie, mustang sally.... :) Good response there

Aww, thanks. Wasn't trying to show off, just show that I'm probably your typical northern European. My last name is Swedish, but I really have no idea what percentage I am of the nationalities I mentioned.

But don't go to the stormfront web page. It's scary to think that some people still think like that. :mad:

xanthines said:
Actually, you sound like a cool song.

Yeah, I know the song. Wilson Pickett. It's really convenient, too, because my car is a '65 and my first name is Sally. Too bad it's not "a brand new Mustang," and I don't have anyone to ride with me right now, ;) but I don't have to slow my Mustang down, because I'm a granny driver and never exceed the speed limit. Don't want to wreck it, and know that if I sped I'd be the first one to get a ticket because the car would really stand out.

I dig the classic rock'n'roll of the '60s, even though I wasn't born then. Nothing compares. :thumbup:

mustangsally65 said:
Yeah, I know the song. Wilson Pickett. It's really convenient, too, because my car is a '65 and my first name is Sally. Too bad it's not "a brand new Mustang," and I don't have anyone to ride with me right now, ;) but I don't have to slow my Mustang down, because I'm a granny driver and never exceed the speed limit. Don't want to wreck it, and know that if I sped I'd be the first one to get a ticket because the car would really stand out.

I dig the classic rock'n'roll of the '60s, even though I wasn't born then. Nothing compares. :thumbup:

First of all, Sally your mustang is hot. Secondly, you like classic rock. You sound like a lovely young lady with an awesome car...can I have a ride and listen to some Doors/Hendrix/LedZep (I'm into the 70's rock thing)?

And for myself, I am a white boy who falls under the title of "black irish". For some reason my super white Irish, Polish and Scotish blood all combined to make me look brown. Everyone thinks I'm not related to my family when they meet my fair skinned brothers. So for me atleast race is perceived in the mind/eye of the beholder, as I have been mistaken as Italian with my girlfriend's extended family, middle eastern in US customs, egyptian with my best friend, Spanish in Spain and Hispanic in the city.

LJDHC05 said:
And for myself, I am a white boy who falls under the title of "black irish". For some reason my super white Irish, Polish and Scotish blood all combined to make me look brown. Everyone thinks I'm not related to my family when they meet my fair skinned brothers. So for me atleast race is perceived in the mind/eye of the beholder, as I have been mistaken as Italian with my girlfriend's extended family, middle eastern in US customs, egyptian with my best friend, Spanish in Spain and Hispanic in the city.

LOLOLOLOLOL... :laugh: :laugh: ..You should apply for multiple URM status..milk that sucker all the way!

I am as American as apple pie! Oh - and white to boot.

5th or 6th generation here, I go back to the civil war and war of independence, depending on mother's or father's side.

I'm a mix of European and Native American. Apparently my euro ancestors got it on w/ the natives in the new land. Too bad I'm far outbred to claim Native American heritage.

yay for WASPy me.

LJDHC05 said:
First of all, Sally your mustang is hot. Secondly, you like classic rock. You sound like a lovely young lady with an awesome car...can I have a ride and listen to some Doors/Hendrix/LedZep (I'm into the 70's rock thing)?.

:laugh:

Thanks! I like the Doors and Jimi too, but not too crazy about Zeppelin. I've got to get a new radio in my car, I have a tape player and AM/FM, and usually use my iPod on a cassette adapter, but the tape player stopped working a few weeks ago. Maybe I"ll try one of those iTrip things.

Never heard of "black Irish" before. Kind of interesting. We are a slave to our genes, that's for sure!

btw, I think I'm 8th or 9th generation American here, but not too sure about it. :cool:

mustangsally65 said:
:laugh:

Thanks! I like the Doors and Jimi too, but not too crazy about Zeppelin. I've got to get a new radio in my car, I have a tape player and AM/FM, and usually use my iPod on a cassette adapter, but the tape player stopped working a few weeks ago. Maybe I"ll try one of those iTrip things.

Never heard of "black Irish" before. Kind of interesting. We are a slave to our genes, that's for sure!

Black Irish is a dark skinned irishman/irishwoman who has some middle eastern blood from the spanish armada driving the Moors out of spain and their ensuing shenanigans and pilaging of the emerald isle...reminds me of my week on cape cod before graduation. :)

Too bad ya dont like Led Zep, they're up there among my favorites. Although they're not a very frmale frendly band (most of their songs are about being cheated on by a woman or cheating on a woman. The former gets to me from personal experience).

iTrip gets a :thumbup:/:thumbdown: rating from me because it works fairly well except when you have to fumble with the wheel at 70 miles an hour on the highway in the middle of a snowstorm in vermont cause you just hit civilization and there's a radiostation over the one you had it tuned to broadcasting yodeling.

I really want to go for a ride in you car and now I have your themesong stuck in my head....damned catchy tune

hey mustang, do you have pics?

Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish, Swiss, and Welsh.

I live in southern San Diego, 10 minutes from the Mexican border, and my white skin makes me a very visible minority here. :p

J'ai vingt-quatre ans. Je suis un ancien etudient (Oberlin '02). Maintenant, je travaille (la recherce) a Rush avec le service de chirurgie orthopedique et j'enseigne la stratagie de MCAT. Tu aimes beaucoup les boissons froides alcoolisees?? Moi aussi! Quelle coincidence!! Je suis sportif aussi, mais je prefere la danse, le softball, le jogging, la nage, etc.. Je deteste les araignees!! (elle grouille sur mon mur!) alors... il faut dormir... bonsoir!!

:sleep: :sleep:

hopefulneuro said:

J'habite a montreal en l'hiver! Plus des hommes quebecois ici parlent anglais. je suis etude francais a l'ecole a ny, et je ne pas souviens, pas de besoin.. j'aime les filles blondes et petites.

mademoiselles, votres photos s'il vous plait

Sophie said:
Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish, Swiss, and Welsh.

I live in southern San Diego, 10 minutes from the Mexican border, and my white skin makes me a very visible minority here. :p
pictureses? bilder?

hopefulneuro said:

ju ne pa le pa francais! pa le vou Ongles

bor0000 said:

Norwegian? :confused: If so, my grandma speaks it, but I don't know a word.

bor0000 said:
hey mustang, do you have pics?

See my avatar for a small pic of my car. I haven't figured out how to put a pic in the body of a post, and I've used up a lot of attachment space. My avatar will have to do for awhile!

Another white boy here.

<--- Italiano

pic12.bmp

aliendroid - what gives?

hopefulneuro - where's my fellow hopeful neuro ;-)

hopefulneuro said:

let's see how much i remember from 1 semester of french:

i am a student of (i dunno...world lit?) at Penn State. I take english and philosophy. I am 20. I like very much (some kind of alcohol?)!!! :thumbup: ...aww crap... I like sports and i love golf, tennis, and the violin(not too sure about that the violin part). and you?

eh, i wonder how i'd fare in france?

you got maybe a B. he's a junior a penn state. yes, loving cold alcoholic beverages. brown straight hair, and brown eyes. yes - golf and tennis, but sailing, not violin. and the "et toi?" for extra credit, what did i respond??? hee hee. sorry - i've been in teacher mode lately.

it. said:
let's see how much i remember from 1 semester of french:

i am a student of (i dunno...world lit?) at Penn State. I take english and philosophy. I am 20. I like very much (some kind of alcohol?)!!! :thumbup: ...aww crap... I like sports and i love golf, tennis, and the violin(not too sure about that the violin part). and you?

eh, i wonder how i'd fare in france?

jennben4 said:
J'ai vingt-quatre ans. Je suis un ancien etudient (Oberlin '02). Maintenant, je travaille (la recherce) a Rush avec le service de chirurgie orthopedique et j'enseigne la stratagie de MCAT. Tu aimes beaucoup les boissons froides alcoolisees?? Moi aussi! Quelle coincidence!! Je suis sportif aussi, mais je prefere la danse, le softball, le jogging, la nage, etc.. Je deteste les araignees!! (elle grouille sur mon mur!) alors... il faut dormir... bonsoir!!

translation:

i'm 24. i'm a very old student. now, i work at at Rush something orthopedics and teach mcat classes. you really like cold alcohol? Me too! What a coincidence!! I am a sportsfan too, but i prefer dance, softball, jogging, swimming, etc.. I hate poopy diapers!! i'm off to sleep...good night

(anxiously awaits test score)

jennben4 said:
you got maybe a B. he's a junior a penn state. yes, loving cold alcoholic beverages. brown straight hair, and brown eyes. yes - golf and tennis, but sailing, not violin. and the "et toi?" for extra credit, what did i respond??? hee hee. sorry - i've been in teacher mode lately.

funny, i actually got an A in the class. i guess my memory isn't as good as i thought--that'll serve me well in med school

ummm... i give it a B again.
it. said:
translation:

i'm 24. i'm a very old student. now, i work at at Rush something orthopedics and teach mcat classes. you really like cold alcohol? Me too! What a coincidence!! I am a sportsfan too, but i prefer dance, softball, jogging, swimming, etc.. I hate poopy diapers!! i'm off to sleep...good night

(anxiously awaits test score)

i'm sure you got an A in the class, i got straight A's too, but it gets rusty. however, you're also a youngin'!! first and foremost - i am NOT an OLD student. although it would seem that way, ancien etudiant means "alumni." i'm only 24, i'm not old! i did orthopedic research at rush. everyting else is close enough, but poopy diapers. i said i hate spiders and one was crawling up my wall at the time. no mention of poopy diapers. :)

it. said:
funny, i actually got an A in the class. i guess my memory isn't as good as i thought--that'll serve me well in med school