Any chance abpn drops 10 year moc exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rklauderdale

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i believe internal med, radiology and anesthesia have dropped their 10 year moc exam requirements. Any chance psych follows this??

Members don't see this ad.

So i believe internal med, radiology and anesthesia have dropped their 10 year moc exam requirements. Any chance psych follows this??
Not sure what you mean by "10 year MOC exam." There are two separate phenomena: the recertification exam every 10 years (which has been around for a few decades now,) and the process of having to jump through various hoops, like doing CME credits annually, ongoing basis (which is more recent.) The term MOC usually gets applied to the latter, not the former. As I understand it, some specialty boards have somewhat backed off some of their recently introduced MOC requirements (like quality improvement) after a backlash from their members. But I don't think 10-year recertification is going anywhere.

Edit: Maybe I spoke a little too soon. Just did a Google search and found recent articles saying that internal medicine, anesthesiology, and radiology are considering or in the process of replacing their 10-year exams with alternate mechanisms for MOC. But still, sounds like there will still be some kind of assessments, just smaller more frequent ones as opposed to a big exam every 10 years.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"Nuisance" or "Annoying", I'll give you...but let's reserve "onerous" for the truly painful and near impossible--which these aren't.
They are for pp docs. And they keep changing the rules and requirements.
Dance monkey dance.

I've signed up for nbpas. Done

And when abIm started backing off on their requirements abpn didn't budge. I'm not waiting for them to figure things out.