May 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
My apologies for the double entry. I posted this already in the Pre-Med Osteopathic section and tried moving it, but didn't know how.

Just got my MCAT score in and ended up with a devastating 23L. (PS/VR/BS was 8/7/8) My question is this: with the following stats is there any hope for me at DO schools for this cycle? I'm planning on retaking the MCAT in Aug, so would it be better to wait and apply next year so I'm not applying late in the cycle (and depending on my MCAT score, have a chance at MDs). If so, what should I do in the meantime? Any SMPs/post-bacs still taking apps since I'm currently not working?

- sGPA of 3.61
- cGPA of 3.59
- 100 hrs hospital volunteering
- 150 hrs tutoring
- 60 hrs shadowing
- no research

So close to June. So any advice would b great. Thanks

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
My apologies for the double entry. I posted this already in the Pre-Med Osteopathic section and tried moving it, but didn't know how.

Just got my MCAT score in and ended up with a devastating 23L. (PS/VR/BS was 8/7/8) My question is this: with the following stats is there any hope for me at DO schools for this cycle? I'm planning on retaking the MCAT in Aug, so would it be better to wait and apply next year so I'm not applying late in the cycle (and depending on my MCAT score, have a chance at MDs). If so, what should I do in the meantime? Any SMPs/post-bacs still taking apps since I'm currently not working?

- sGPA of 3.61
- cGPA of 3.59
- 100 hrs hospital volunteering
- 150 hrs tutoring
- 60 hrs shadowing
- no research

So close to June. So any advice would b great. Thanks
I think you have a shot if you apply early. Not so good mcat but good GPAs and decent ECs might get you over the hump.