1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Any chance for me?????

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by WhiteEagle, Nov 3, 2002.

1. WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle Junior Member

Greetings and Salutations,

I didn't have time to check into this yet and I figured you guys/galls could give me some advice.

My CGPA is not that high, I think its around 3.4. Im a grad student (same GPA in grad school). My MCAT score is 33Q.

Is there a chance for me to get admitted to a USA medical school, I AM not a USA national, and I don't even live there. But I want to move there from Canada.

good luck to you all

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AegisZero

AegisZero Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You should post this under MD discussions, not MCAT discussions:

I dont know much about Canadian applicants to the US. I know it is almost impossible for foreigners to get into public American medical schools. If you apply to private ones in the US you will have a lot better chance. Your GPA is solid and your MCAT score is definitely competitive as well. Give it a shot, keep in mind that public schools generally accept only people from the US (and sometimes only from their own state!). Good luck to you.

4. WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle Junior Member

Sorry, I will post in the other forum then.

Thanks for the encouraging reply, for private schools . I hope they have some close to the Rockies :) I want to stay close to the mountains.