any chance of state MD or should I just apply DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Krita

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a reapplicant. I applied late in the game last year, 2014, and decided not to apply this year to get a better mcat score in the hopes of getting into MD school. However, now I'm wondering if I have no chance either way for MD, and I should just apply this cycle for DO? cGPA: 3.55, sGPS: 3.47, MCAT 29. I definitely know I can do better with the next MCAT and am even prepared to sign up for a course. However, I have a C in one of my classes, biochemistry lab, in my last semester, where I had a larger class load than usual to finish on time. I'm an Illinois resident, so taking in my GPA and original MCAT score, will I not be able to get into any MD school? I know it's late in the cycle to apply to MD now, but I could get my stuff together for DO and apply. I started working as a clinical study coordinator and I like the work, but I just suddenly don't like how much time I will be wasting to get in (i will be starting in 2017 if I apply and get in next year), when I know I can get into DO with the stats I have now. In which case, is it too late to apply this year for DO?

Members don't see this ad.