Any chances for low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello, would like anyone help as im international dentist graduated with a gpa of 2.4 and want to know do i have any chance to get in to dental school and would like to know is there any program i can join to raise my gpa or what kind of master i can do with that gpa to improve my chances? one last thing will if i took the AEGD will that improve my chances when i apply to dental schools? i value all dentist help in here .thx in adv

Members don't see this ad.

My GPA is 2.3 by ECE
Part 1 87, Part 2 81, TOEFL 99, Citizen, 37 years old
Got accepted this year, so everyone with low GPA it can be done , what made me get accepted can make anyone get too, keep trying and it will happen one day, when u least expect it.
God Bless

My GPA is 2.3 by ECE
Part 1 87, Part 2 81, TOEFL 99, Citizen, 37 years old
Got accepted this year, so everyone with low GPA it can be done , what made me get accepted can make anyone get too, keep trying and it will happen one day, when u least expect it.
God Bless

Hi DFBund, Congratulations and thanks for your support, I had my NBDE part 1 last January and I got 91 but I have a 2.32 GPA which worries me but I also have Msc. Orthodontics and they gave me 3.23 on it, now you made me feel much better.
MY question is that do you think I need to take NBDE II also?

Members don't see this ad :)
@DFBund.
congratulation on your acceptance. where did you got accepted?
I am also worried about my GPA is 2.5.

Hi DFBund, Congratulations and thanks for your support, I had my NBDE part 1 last January and I got 91 but I have a 2.32 GPA which worries me but I also have Msc. Orthodontics and they gave me 3.23 on it, now you made me feel much better.
MY question is that do you think I need to take NBDE II also?
I think if u take ur part 2 u will get interview invitations from most of the schools u apply to.
When anyone in the interview seat, scores dont matter no more.
God bless

Hi all,

I have a low ECE GPA of 2.34 and WES GPA of 3.48. I'm not sure why there is such a huge discrepancy here. I have done my Masters in Public Health (GPA:3.87). I'm giving my NBDE 1 and 2 this year and will be applying to schools thereafter. I have MPH academic research papers/projects relating to dental professional shortage areas, tooth loss in diabetics, and oral health disparities in african american children. How are my chances to get thru if I get a good NBDE score? Also, in my resume and conversations with the faculty or PD at the school shud I mention my WES GPA too? Or shud I have an explanation ready for my low ECE GPA, or both?

I would really like to hear good views and insights!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Hi all,

I have a low ECE GPA of 2.34 and WES GPA of 3.48. I'm not sure why there is such a huge discrepancy here. I have done my Masters in Public Health (GPA:3.87). I'm giving my NBDE 1 and 2 this year and will be applying to schools thereafter. I have MPH academic research papers/projects relating to dental professional shortage areas, tooth loss in diabetics, and oral health disparities in african american children. How are my chances to get thru if I get a good NBDE score? Also, in my resume and conversations with the faculty or PD at the school shud I mention my WES GPA too? Or shud I have an explanation ready for my low ECE GPA, or both?

Thanks!!!!!
hello tangytasha im in same boat as u with gpa 2.4 but would like to ask u where did u do ur master in usa ? which program u joined in in usa. plz i apperciate ur help so well bec im very intersted to do a master in public health as im international dentist

hello tangytasha im in same boat as u with gpa 2.4 but would like to ask u where did u do ur master in usa ? which program u joined in in usa. plz i apperciate ur help so well bec im very intersted to do a master in public health as im international dentist

my gpa is 2.49, toefl 110, part1 was 85 and part2 80. I did my MPH to help improve my gpa, my gpa is 3.6 and i applied to colleges which asked for both part 1 & 2 scores.....practiced for the practical test and finnally after a lot of rejections gt accepted in UMDNJ............

try applying for MPH programs which give scholarships for international students coz this will reduce the amount fee you hav to pay. you can pm me if u hav any more questions........

Hi Shater,

I had done my MPH from a school of public health. The advantage of doing tht is firstly a school is accredited as compared to a dept. Also, there are more research grants avaailable so, if you work on any of them as a research asst., you get full/partial tuition waiver plus some basic salary to pay for your living expenses. You can find out more by looking at each individual school of PH on the http://www.asph.org/ website. Let me know if you have questions after tht and I will be happy to answer them

my gpa is 2.49, toefl 110, part1 was 85 and part2 80. I did my MPH to help improve my gpa, my gpa is 3.6 and i applied to colleges which asked for both part 1 & 2 scores.....practiced for the practical test and finnally after a lot of rejections gt accepted in UMDNJ............

try applying for MPH programs which give scholarships for international students coz this will reduce the amount fee you hav to pay. you can pm me if u hav any more questions........
thx dent 83 for ur reply .....i got 2.4 and wanted do MPH to improve my low gpa too but woudl like to ask u where u did ur MpH exactally bec i worry that with my gpa cant get allowed in to MPH program so i honestly woudl value much ur help in proveding me more details upon where u took it exactally in usa .. thx for ur real dvice and help

Last edited:
Hi Shater,

I had done my MPH from a school of public health. The advantage of doing tht is firstly a school is accredited as compared to a dept. Also, there are more research grants avaailable so, if you work on any of them as a research asst., you get full/partial tuition waiver plus some basic salary to pay for your living expenses. You can find out more by looking at each individual school of PH on the http://www.asph.org/ website. Let me know if you have questions after tht and I will be happy to answer them
hello tangytasha i value much ur real help....and would like to ask u i entred that site but u mean u did ur MPH in that asph school or if u dont mind can u mention me which school exactally u joined in in usa to get ur MPH .....a real thx for ur help wish u best of luck too

Members don't see this ad :)
hello tangytasha would like to ask u few more things .when i apply to MPH school i will apply as graduate as im graduated from my dental school in home country right? and want ask if i took my MPH from MPH school that means i got a master in MPH ? .....a real thx for ur help

Last edited:
Hi Shater,

I did my Masters in Public Health (MPH) and as the name suggests its a graduate degree in the US. Also, I did it from College of Public Health, Oklahoma University. I applied through the college as well as the asph website.

Hope this helps,

Hi Shater,

I did my Masters in Public Health (MPH) and as the name suggests its a graduate degree in the US. Also, I did it from College of Public Health, Oklahoma University. I applied through the college as well as the asph website.

Hope this helps,
hi, tangytasha thx for ur help so much will try to check things out and see ......just how long is doing a master MPH .... best of luck to u too

Last edited:
hello there, i just got a question as it seems not all ppl get high gpa with wes as my forgein gpa is 2.4 and my wes gpa is 2.39 so i would to ask does anyone passed to similar situation where u get same gpa as ur forgein gpa bec from i see that wes always give high gpa to ppl so plz if any one have pass through similar sitaution would like to hear from and know why is there such wired stuff happeing with gpa's

Hello,
I'm posting this to request some information from you. My wife finished her BDS and internship in India. She wants to do DDS here in USA. If possible, can you please post some information related.. I mean from where should we start and what to do...what is the general procedure?
Please help us with some useful information..

Thanks
Vid

Did any one here get interviewed with a 3.4 gpa or lower for dental school??? and a DAT score of 16-17?? is there a chance that NYU will accept or any other dental school??

Well I was surprised to find out this. I had my credentials evaluated (course by course) 10 yrs ago by ECE and got my GPA of 3.67. Due to some commitments I could not pursue my studies and after all these yrs, I decided to get back to books and made a new ECE application for evaluation (General). With exactly the same set of papers submitted, I get a new GPA of 3.33, and I am still trying to figure out why. Can anyone pls suggest what to do?:(

i have a gpa of 2.22..i am taking my nbde in next 6 months...currently i am in final year MDS in INDIA....i have work experience for 1 year after my bds...is it worth appearing board exams with such alow gpa in UG....will my other aspects like mds will count...pls advice

Hi all,

Thanks!!!!!
i have a gpa of 2.22..i am taking my nbde in next 6 months...currently i am in final year MDS in INDIA....i have work experience for 1 year after my bds...is it worth appearing board exams with such alow gpa in UG....will my other aspects like mds will count...pls advice

Did any one here get interviewed with a 3.4 gpa or lower for dental school??? and a DAT score of 16-17?? is there a chance that NYU will accept or any other dental school??

Well I was surprised to find out this. I had my credentials evaluated (course by course) 10 yrs ago by ECE and got my GPA of 3.67. Due to some commitments I could not pursue my studies and after all these yrs, I decided to get back to books and made a new ECE application for evaluation (General). With exactly the same set of papers submitted, I get a new GPA of 3.33, and I am still trying to figure out why. Can anyone pls suggest what to do?:(

Hi there,
I have a part one score of 90% part two 86% and GPA is less than 2. I applied to some universities, but there is no response. i would like to know that what are my chances for getting into dental school. at present i have given up the idea of getting into dental school. and if any one knows what is the eligibility criteria for dental higenist course. I appreciate comments.
Thanks.

Hi I am a dentist from India with an masters degree (MDS) in Endodontics. My scores however haven't been great in either BDS or MDS. I scored an aggregate of 55.75 in BDS and 60 in MDS (minimum pass marks being 50 in both). I passed both BDS and MDS in one go without any attempts. I have one year experience as a consultant endodontist since my PG got over and have been a senior lecturer since March 2015. I also have done a 2 week certificate course in current concepts in american dentistry from NYU, New York. I am not sure about the GPA scenario and I have a feeling based on my marks my GPA won't be good. (somewhere around 2 for BDS and 2.3 for MDS). I am planning on taking NBDE part I in 3 months but is it really worth it or is my GPA going to ruin my chances of getting accepted into any dental school there? I took TOEFL in March 2014 and score 102 in it.

Please let me know your views on this. I would appreciate any and every advice I get from you guys. Thanks a lot!

Contact ECE and ask them

Hello nsi.
I will PM you the list as well.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Thank you for your nice words. I am not doing anything special.
Good Luck.

Hi, I know this is such an old post, but if you ever see this, would it be possible for you to PM me that list as well? Thanks. Much appreciated.

Hey swa74.
Yeah, I'm just wondering ... how did you make it out of dental school with a sub-2.0 GPA. Where did you graduate from ?
Anyways, there IS light at the end of the tunnel. DO NOT GIVE UP !
If I were you, I would call the admission offices of ALL the dental school advanced standing programs (or e-mail them) and ask them driectly, right in the face, if GPA's in general (not yours specifically) would negatively affect an application.
I know right of the back of my head of 3 schools which do not even factor in oversea GPA's for admission (PM me if you need to know more).
Otherwise, if your mind is set for the hygiene program, then I wish you the best of luck, and you will find pou please tell me lenty of imformative threads here on the pre-requisites/deadlines and so forth.
I hope it helps.
Good Luck.
Hi Nila BDS, Can you please tell me schools don't consider the GPA for admission.please!

hi nile bds, i need ur help. my gpa is very less. i am very much depressed. i am planning to give nbde part 1 in august. my gpa is ece 1.87. i came us in aug 2005. i had 6months volunteer experience in us and good reccomendation letter from american dentist with whom i worked . at present i am working as a volunteer . i want to know the colleges that give least preference to gpa . if i get a good score above 90 is there a chance with that gpa . if i give part 2 and get above 85, is that helps to cover gpa. any chances of improving gpa. u told attending some classes in community college, what is that can u give me the information about that. i want to try my level best to get into the dental school. pls help me . i kindly appreciate ur help. my email id is [email protected]. thank u in advance
Hi Renuka,I tried to email you regarding Low GPA.both your email were " not working".can you, please reply or send me new email id,please.

Did anyone get the list of schools? I need it too.
muhammadinfo at gmail
please if you got it send it to me.Thanks so much

Hi Everybody,

I am still wondering about my chance to be accepted in the dental school cause my GPA is 2.18. I applied at the end of 2017-2018 cycle just with NBDE1 and Toefl 97, and I did not receive any response. I have 13 years experience and 1.5 years working as a dental assistant in IS.
I applied to the new cycle and I am planning to take part 2 . My big problem with GPA.
Please any suggestion cause I am not sure that I did not receive any response from any school for the previous cycle due to my low GPA or because I applied late at the end of the cycle. Please any good analysis, suggestion or help to improve my GPA situation.

Reactions: 1 user