gimpMD

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2004
20
0
Status (Visible)
Have any of you gotten a premed committee letter from columbia u? who writes it? i didnt realize that i had to interview with the advisor babe. is she cool? what are your thoughts on the premed office in general?
 

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
776
2
39
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
gimpMD said:
Have any of you gotten a premed committee letter from columbia u? who writes it? i didnt realize that i had to interview with the advisor babe. is she cool? what are your thoughts on the premed office in general?

Your letter is written by your advisor, either from the class center of Dean Rigney herself in the pre-prof office. As for "is your advisor" cool, I think that highly depends on who your advisor is. Some are great, some are more postive about your app and some are less so. In general, I had a great experience with my dean. She was very helpful throughout the process and I have no complaints. If you want more specifics, PM me.
 

gimpMD

Junior Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2004
20
0
Status (Visible)
facted said:
Your letter is written by your advisor, either from the class center of Dean Rigney herself in the pre-prof office. As for "is your advisor" cool, I think that highly depends on who your advisor is. Some are great, some are more postive about your app and some are less so. In general, I had a great experience with my dean. She was very helpful throughout the process and I have no complaints. If you want more specifics, PM me.


oh i thought there was just one premed advisor, the chick in the pre professional office. i wouldnt know, i've met my advisor once.
 

TRUE

slacker extraordinaire
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
776
2
39
NYC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
gimpMD said:
oh i thought there was just one premed advisor, the chick in the pre professional office. i wouldnt know, i've met my advisor once.

There are a few advisors. Dean Rigney is the head of the pre-prof office and is the "chief dean" I would say. Many students, though, have deans from the junior and senior classs centers as their main advisor.
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.