1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any Columbia U. Premeds?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gimpMD, Apr 13, 2004.

1. gimpMD

gimpMD Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Have any of you gotten a premed committee letter from columbia u? who writes it? i didnt realize that i had to interview with the advisor babe. is she cool? what are your thoughts on the premed office in general?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

Your letter is written by your advisor, either from the class center of Dean Rigney herself in the pre-prof office. As for "is your advisor" cool, I think that highly depends on who your advisor is. Some are great, some are more postive about your app and some are less so. In general, I had a great experience with my dean. She was very helpful throughout the process and I have no complaints. If you want more specifics, PM me.

4. gimpMD

gimpMD Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

oh i thought there was just one premed advisor, the chick in the pre professional office. i wouldnt know, i've met my advisor once.

5. TRUE

TRUE slacker extraordinaire
    7+ Year Member

There are a few advisors. Dean Rigney is the head of the pre-prof office and is the "chief dean" I would say. Many students, though, have deans from the junior and senior classs centers as their main advisor.