Any comprehensive systems based books out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finishing first year in a couple weeks here, and i wanna review this summer everything we did in the first year. Do you guys know any very comprehensive Board Review books that are systems based? I'd Appreciate your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Just finishing first year in a couple weeks here, and i wanna review this summer everything we did in the first year. Do you guys know any very comprehensive Board Review books that are systems based? I'd Appreciate your help!
kaplan has a systems based book series. Go to www.kaptest.com to check them out

Are they any good?

Any difference btw these and the Kaplan Lecture Notes?
no idea, best way to know, go into a kaplan center and check them out

I would guess that the organ systems books are more 'complete' than the lecture notes because the lecture notes have a preface that says they are only an outline that have to supplemented with material from the live classes/videotapes and not a complete review book set

Knight

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been using Step-UP to USMLE Step I 3rd ed. for awhile now. It seems to run well with my systems based medschool. Just got FA. Its not bad for filling in the extra things Step-UP missed.

The problem with the kaplan books is that they are 500$ which is a bit steep on an unsure thing....