Program-Specific Info / Q's Any current University of the Sciences students out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT20162017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was accepted to the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia in November but I do not know a lot about their program besides the fact that it is pretty costly. Are there any current students or alum that would be willing to post her or dm a little about their experience?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I was accepted to the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia in November but I do not know a lot about their program besides the fact that it is pretty costly. Are there any current students or alum that would be willing to post her or dm a little about their experience?

Thank you!

Hey I applied to U of Sciences also but I haven't heard anything back yet. When did you submit your application? And did you apply for MOT or OTD?

Hey I was accepted and also do not know much about the program! I will be going into the MOT program

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted October 15th and then verified on November 5th. I applied to the MOT, but I really don't know a lot about the program.

@cavs2016 Are you definitely planning on going or do you have other options?

I submitted October 15th and then verified on November 5th. I applied to the MOT, but I really don't know a lot about the program.

@cavs2016 Are you definitely planning on going or do you have other options?
As if now yes, but I am waiting to hear back from the rest of my schools as well. What about you?

As if now yes, but I am waiting to hear back from the rest of my schools as well. What about you?

I am in the same boat. I haven't heard back from any other schools yet so I am kind of just waiting. I do want to tour Usciences though so that I can get some sort of idea about their program.

Hey guys! I just received my acceptance today! I'm also in the same boat where I feel like I don't know too much about the program. In the email I received today, they said they'll be sending an acceptance packet in the mail as well, I was wondering if what they send in the mail has more info about the program? Or if it's just paper copies of the acceptance letters

Hey guys! I just received my acceptance today! I'm also in the same boat where I feel like I don't know too much about the program. In the email I received today, they said they'll be sending an acceptance packet in the mail as well, I was wondering if what they send in the mail has more info about the program? Or if it's just paper copies of the acceptance letters
Congrats!! When did you submit your supplemental app? I submitted mine on December 1st and have yet to hear anything yet!

In the email I received today, they said they'll be sending an acceptance packet in the mail as well, I was wondering if what they send in the mail has more info about the program? Or if it's just paper copies of the acceptance letters

Congrats! Unfortunately the acceptance packet is not much help information wise. It doesn't even give you a tuition outline, just information on how to pay your deposit.

Congrats!! When did you submit your supplemental app? I submitted mine on December 1st and have yet to hear anything yet!
November 21, so they're probably getting close to making a decision on your app!

Aghhh. Thanks for the reply. are you for sure going to be attending?

As of now, yes because it is my only acceptance. Plus, I can commute from home. However once I hear from my other schools I will have to think about it because the cost is so high. What about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to the OTD program today but would anyone know if I could/if it's worth asking about changing to MOT? The tuition is so out of hand, and I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted elsewhere, but it seems like this is a lot of people's fallback school solely because of the cost

I was accepted to the OTD program today but would anyone know if I could/if it's worth asking about changing to MOT? The tuition is so out of hand, and I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted elsewhere, but it seems like this is a lot of people's fallback school solely because of the cost

I'm sure that its worth a shot, there is definitely no harm in asking. I'm not sure what the OTD program cost is but I am under the impression that the MOT will come out to roughly 137,000 overall (which is crazy).

I'm sure that its worth a shot, there is definitely no harm in asking. I'm not sure what the OTD program cost is but I am under the impression that the MOT will come out to roughly 137,000 overall (which is crazy).
Is that before the grant award? The OTD option is looking like around $200k (131 credits x $1560/credit, if I'm using the right resources), and even though I received a $20,000 grant, the sting of a $180k TUITION ALONE hurts pretty bad. I'd still have to factor in all of the additional fees and living expenses for 4 years.... I would like to be able to afford more than a cardboard box on a street corner to live in lol

Is that before the grant award? The OTD option is looking like around $200k (131 credits x $1560/credit, if I'm using the right resources), and even though I received a $20,000 grant, the sting of a $180k TUITION ALONE hurts pretty bad. I'd still have to factor in all of the additional fees and living expenses for 4 years.... I would like to be able to afford more than a cardboard box on a street corner to live in lol

That's without the grant award, but the award is only 12,500 total I believe for MOT. I am really hoping to be accepted somewhere else (thought I will be happy to go anywhere if this is the only place) just because of the cost.

Wow, I'm so happy I found this forum! I just got accepted to USciences as well last week and have so many questions!! The tuition is outrageous and it hurts my heart to think of the debt it would put me in, but I also want to be an OT so bad and know it would be worth it. I mean it is a private school, at least it is not Midwesterns $175,000 tuition.. I hope I get into other places that are cheaper, but I do like the thought of living in Philadelphia, and going to an OT school where even though there is a class of 50+ students, most graduate, and 100% of students who have taken the NBCOT pass it within the past three years. Does anyone know much about the program or any present OT students at USciences that I could talk to? I'm happy I got accepted someplace

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, I'm so happy I found this forum! I just got accepted to USciences as well last week and have so many questions!! The tuition is outrageous and it hurts my heart to think of the debt it would put me in, but I also want to be an OT so bad and know it would be worth it. I mean it is a private school, at least it is not Midwesterns $175,000 tuition.. I hope I get into other places that are cheaper, but I do like the thought of living in Philadelphia, and going to an OT school where even though there is a class of 50+ students, most graduate, and 100% of students who have taken the NBCOT pass it within the past three years. Does anyone know much about the program or any present OT students at USciences that I could talk to? I'm happy I got accepted someplace

Congratulation on your acceptance and I do hope you get accepted from other programs! Can I ask when you submitted your application?

Has anyone applied to Philadelphia University? I haven't heard back from them yet :unsure:

For those of you who were accepted did you find out through email, call, or snail mail?