This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A lot of the discussions about not getting much done this past semester seems to focus on how far behind the D3s are, but are there any D4s that are concerned about not getting everything done? If so how are you doing compared to your classmates? I don't know if I will get everything done, and given how strange this year is I don't know how the school will handle that. Further, I seem to be far behind many of my classmates (I'm in the bottom 3% of my school, not kidding). Have your schools gave any guidance for what may come to those who can't do everything they were supposed to graduate?
Our school has stated any other competency that you are close on but haven't done will be completed on typodont in sim clinic.

i.e. we require 10 Class 2s, and the last one is your competency. If you have done 7-8, you will be allowed to do the competency on typodont. If you are not even close, you may be required to stay a bit.

That being said, yes many of my classmates are in that boat where they haven't completed much in clinic. Some have only done 1-2 crowns and a handful of fillings.

Our school has stated any other competency that you are close on but haven't done will be completed on typodont in sim clinic.

i.e. we require 10 Class 2s, and the last one is your competency. If you have done 7-8, you will be allowed to do the competency on typodont. If you are not even close, you may be required to stay a bit.

That being said, yes many of my classmates are in that boat where they haven't completed much in clinic. Some have only done 1-2 crowns and a handful of fillings.
Lucky. Our school still has no plan to make graduation easier for us. We need to do a certain number of restorations before we can comp on class II and III, and so far it's still a struggle for a lot of us to find patients to take competency.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Lucky. Our school still has no plan to make graduation easier for us. We need to do a certain number of restorations before we can comp on class II and III, and so far it's still a struggle for a lot of us to find patients to take competency.
I'm sorry to hear that. It is a stressful time - guessing your school like ours has reduced clinic time too. Many school's admin seems largely out of touch with the realities of what students are facing.

just gotta get through the next few months and get out!!