Yah-E

Toof Sniper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2001
Longitude 80.0W Latitude 40.44N
Status
Non-Student
Any of y'all have an account on Friendster? I just set up an account and would like to link to some of my old SDN dental buddies. Let me know.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
Yah, I've had one in the past but have neglected it and currently have no interest in it. Sorry.

germ

Riding Dirty
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
South
I'll be your Friend Yah-E.

I've seen the site. Do people use real names or usernames? are the photos connected in a web like on the frontpage?

OP
Yah-E

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2001
Status
Non-Student
Alright, screw the Friendster....

How about MySpace? Anyone else has a MySpace page? Let me know so we can all link up.

gryffindor

15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
Dentist
phremius said:
why can't you people use facebook like normals?!?!
My college graduation date is 2001 and nobody from my college class is on facebook (lame-o class or lame-o people or both?). I think the gazillion people on there must have graduated after that or are still in college.

I can't keep up with all these sites. Barely have a friendster account, now I have to go check out what myspace is all about.

toofache32

15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
What the hell is friendster and myspace? Are these chat rooms where you can pick up high school chicks?

OP
Yah-E

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2001
Status
Non-Student
toofache32 said:
What the hell is friendster and myspace? Are these chat rooms where you can pick up high school chicks?
MySpace, Facebook, and Friendster are ways to make your own personal webpage at free of charge. Its purposes are:

1) Find your old friends (initial web designers intentions)
2) A cyberspace cafe to meet new "friends"

About 99% of user use for the latter, where they act as a free Match.com since you can contact these "friends" for free. There are millions of people from all over the world on these websites and often people find others to meet for various reasons.

The couple of months that I've been on MySpace, I have made all these "friends" that I've never met before. Just recently, I found myself a beautiful dental hygienist who is willing to work for me (jokingly). It's a fun website to kill more time and it can be addicting.

I've found some old high school friends and I've located a few of my fraternity bros as well, and now I've linked with some SDNers too! C'mon Toofache, everyone else is "doing it"! Create your own page today!

BallDontLie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
NYC
Status
Pre-Dental
Yah-E said:
MySpace, Facebook, and Friendster are ways to make your own personal webpage at free of charge. Its purposes are:

1) Find your old friends (initial web designers intentions)
2) A cyberspace cafe to meet new "friends"
1) Wrong
2) ...and wrong again

Facebook = stalking tool