Any dental school with student rock/jazz bands out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PocketRocket

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would even totally be down to start one at a school. Who's down? haha

Members don't see this ad.

I thought there was no chance of meeting anyone else in dental school so played bluegrass, but surprisingly one classmate and one of the staff oral surgeons both do. So, not exactly jazz or rock, but close enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in Developmental Groove!
Here we are at Eiffel Society in New Orleans:

That is awesome.. When do you guys find time to practice? How do you guys agree on songs to cover? I used to play in a cover band. There were always conflicts about song choices

That is awesome.. When do you guys find time to practice? How do you guys agree on songs to cover? I used to play in a cover band. There were always conflicts about song choices
We generally practice once a week, on a week night, from 5-9 or so. It's exhausting some times, but I look forward to it every week.

In the past, we used a spreadsheet on Google Docs where everyone could submit suggestions and vote and songs. The top one would get covered. Now, we more or less know what songs will be crowd-pleasers and don't mind playing those. And every now and then, we throw in a few songs just for us to have fun (like Chameleon by Herbie Hancock).