Any dental students want to answer some questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuffDay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am just looking through a couple of schools since I am interviewing a couple of them. Do most schools have a mentorship program? Where some schools have a program where you get to pair up with a dentist and a D2 when you are starting out.

Members don't see this ad.

I might have more questions in the future, but this should be it for now.

Hey everyone!

I am just looking through a couple of schools since I am interviewing a couple of them. Do most schools have a mentorship program? Where some schools have a program where you get to pair up with a dentist and a D2 when you are starting out.
Marquette has a mentorship program where you get paired up with a practicing dentist- really cool experience from what students have told me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Marquette has a mentorship program where you get paired up with a practicing dentist- really cool experience from what students have told me.

Thanks! I know all the Texas schools have a mentorship program as well. At Baylor for example, you get to pair up with three D2s, 1 faculty, and 1 of the top 5% dentists in Texas. I thought that is really cool after talking to some of the students at Baylor. I am not sure about all the other schools because having a mentorship program is really important to me!

Thanks! I know all the Texas schools have a mentorship program as well. At Baylor for example, you get to pair up with three D2s, 1 faculty, and 1 of the top 5% dentists in Texas. I thought that is really cool after talking to some of the students at Baylor. I am not sure about all the other schools because having a mentorship program is really important to me!
That's awesome! Yeah I agree, it's a really good experience in my opinion, and I think it's something everyone should take advantage of!

Another question -- I know that some schools are research-based, what are the advantages of this if you were to join the school? I am assuming we are trying to provide patient care based on evidence-based dentistry.

How do you determine whether a dentist is "top 5%?"

Last edited:
Get a D2 at UB, along with a faulty member. All of the faulty members seem awesome too, which is great.