any dentist kids having cavity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdds2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I wanted to know if any dentist kids have cavity? I am in such a dilemma. Looks like I have to leave this field for ever, My 4 year old has a cavity. I am so embarrassed & it makes me so much guilty that i feel like i can't go for dentistry now and have to leave. Any one in such situation....i know there would be no one. Please advice....how can i stop brooding on it and take my life seriously. Please help me in making decision.:confused:

A comment so stupid you actually had to post it in 3 different forums?

Members don't see this ad :)
I support you totally. Please leave.

Hi All,

I wanted to know if any dentist kids have cavity? I am in such a dilemma. Looks like I have to leave this field for ever, My 4 year old has a cavity. I am so embarrassed & it makes me so much guilty that i feel like i can't go for dentistry now and have to leave. Any one in such situation....i know there would be no one. Please advice....how can i stop brooding on it and take my life seriously. Please help me in making decision.:confused:

I guess I should quit too since I have a mouth so loaded with metal I set off the metal detectors at the airport. I had a recurrent cavity last year and broke a distal cusp chewing on some jerky. Good bye everyone. I don't think I can face anyone of you now that you know my deep dark secret about my teeth. I give up. Have a good career. I wish I could be a dentist like all of you.

OP .... if you are serious. You need to consider going to seek a little help and get on some anti-anxiety meds so you can chill out and get to reality. It is a fact of life .... people get cavities. Dentist's kids are no different. Now, if your kid's mouth looked like this, you might want to consider changing careers because you would suck as a dentist.

Otherwise, relax. Life has not ended.

Just try to relax. My 4-year-old had a couple cavities, and the feelings of guilt are natural, but maybe you're being just a little over-dramatic. What's done is done. I just tried to figure out where I went wrong. I had always brushed judiciously each day, but neglected flossing because I assumed he had open contacts on his primary molars. A couple interproximal lesions were diagnosed and restored, and guess what? He's still a happy, healthy 4-year-old. Lessons learned? Try to take your children for their first exam by age one - definitely no later than two. And secondly, floss, floss, floss. Kids get cavities, live and learn. The important thing is recognizing how to change your behaviors to prevent future problems.

Don't listen to all the loons, who are trying to show you sympathy.
Leave as soon as you can.

Actually, this is a great chance to see if dentistry is for you. See if you can pull that tooth. Got any pliers lying around?

dont forget to elevate with a screwdriver