May 8, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Hi All,

I wanted to know if any dentist kids have cavity? I am in such a dilemma. Looks like I have to leave this field for ever, My 4 year old has a cavity. I am so embarrassed & it makes me so much guilty that i feel like i can't go for dentistry now and have to leave. Any one in such situation....i know there would be no one. Please advice....how can i stop brooding on it and take my life seriously. Please help me in making decision.:confused:
A comment so stupid you actually had to post it in 3 different forums?

N

NAVY DDS 2010

Hi All,

I wanted to know if any dentist kids have cavity? I am in such a dilemma. Looks like I have to leave this field for ever, My 4 year old has a cavity. I am so embarrassed & it makes me so much guilty that i feel like i can't go for dentistry now and have to leave. Any one in such situation....i know there would be no one. Please advice....how can i stop brooding on it and take my life seriously. Please help me in making decision.:confused:
I guess I should quit too since I have a mouth so loaded with metal I set off the metal detectors at the airport. I had a recurrent cavity last year and broke a distal cusp chewing on some jerky. Good bye everyone. I don't think I can face anyone of you now that you know my deep dark secret about my teeth. I give up. Have a good career. I wish I could be a dentist like all of you.

OP .... if you are serious. You need to consider going to seek a little help and get on some anti-anxiety meds so you can chill out and get to reality. It is a fact of life .... people get cavities. Dentist's kids are no different. Now, if your kid's mouth looked like this, you might want to consider changing careers because you would suck as a dentist.

Otherwise, relax. Life has not ended.

utahdentist2be

Home Skillet
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Near the mesial cervical bulge
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just try to relax. My 4-year-old had a couple cavities, and the feelings of guilt are natural, but maybe you're being just a little over-dramatic. What's done is done. I just tried to figure out where I went wrong. I had always brushed judiciously each day, but neglected flossing because I assumed he had open contacts on his primary molars. A couple interproximal lesions were diagnosed and restored, and guess what? He's still a happy, healthy 4-year-old. Lessons learned? Try to take your children for their first exam by age one - definitely no later than two. And secondly, floss, floss, floss. Kids get cavities, live and learn. The important thing is recognizing how to change your behaviors to prevent future problems.

DrTacoElf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2004
www.garyseeba.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Its just a baby tooth it will fall out anyway ;), so you get 1 more chance. Cavity in permanent tooth = leave the profession :rolleyes:

robhmnt

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Don't listen to all the loons, who are trying to show you sympathy.
Leave as soon as you can.

OG1

OrthoGunner #1
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2008
Status
Actually, this is a great chance to see if dentistry is for you. See if you can pull that tooth. Got any pliers lying around?

apaul

Some Dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status
Dental Student
dont forget to elevate with a screwdriver