any dentists from Case or Pitt? Please give your feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tvandds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I would love to get some solid feedback or thoughts from current DMD/
DDS that came from Case or Pitt.
Did the dental school taught you well for the real world of GP? (Clinical skills)
Any area that the d-school could have prepare you more or better?
Any disappoinment?
Were you able to work at a reasonable speed/pace with your GP clinic?

I thank you for you feedback in advance...it will be the greatest help to students that are interesting attending Case or Pitt!!!

Members don't see this ad.

tvandds said:
current DMD/DDS that came from Case or Pitt.
There aren't many current dentists (from any school, not just those two) on this message board. You would probably receive a better response at the Dentaltown forums.

ToothMonkey said:
There aren't many current dentists (from any school, not just those two) on this message board. You would probably receive a better response at the Dentaltown forums.

Hence the name Studentdoctor.net, but there seem to be some dentists here reliving their glory days. :laugh: I'm not sure how helpful even recent grads can be for you since the curriculum changes in one way or another every year. Last year Case switched to a PCC (patient care coordinator) system in clinic. This year we began using a new software package and by next fall will have workstations in every operatory for students to tx plan, schedule etc. on the computer.
I'm currently at Case and have had my beefs with it, but at the end of the day I'm confident that I will be solid clinically when I graduate. My appointments vary every day (0-3), but I'm kept busy. This week one of my classmates saw 6 patients in one day, but I don't suggest that you do this at home. Dentists from both schools seem to be fine. What I wish we got more of in school would be business classes or classes on fixing your snafus.