Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Any difference in the various book editions?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by TeaLeef, Mar 6, 2007.

1. TeaLeef

TeaLeef Junior Member

Medical Student
    Hi guys, I have the chance to buy a lot of BRS books at a discounted price. However, the books are old editions like from 1996. Is there any substantial difference between these old editions and the newer 2006 ones? I want to save $ if I can. :D Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Critical Mass

Medical Student
    96 is probably a little bit old for my comfort level unless I'm getting the book for free. I personally don't think that BRS is a bad deal for $30-40. I'd be concerned that somebody didn't already circle the correct answers in the question section.

Likely no big difference exists, but my books aren't something that I want to take shortcuts on.

4. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus

Later editions may have better vignette-style questions which more accurately reflect current USMLE.

A BRS that old for microbiology may be outdated regarding some nomenclature, emerging pathogens, antibiotics and resistence.

5. Critical Mass

Medical Student
    Trudat! :thumbup: