Quantcast

Any Dreams About Starting MS 1?

Achieve USMLE Step PREP Success | Picmonic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Topaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a nightmare about starting school. Involved Godzilla and the med school being relocated to my high school. Using my extensive knowledge of dream analysis, I interpreted it that I should fear anatomy professors that are giant lizards.

Anyone else having dreams about starting school?

:sleep:

Topaz

Medikit

Plastic Bag Middle Class
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Topaz said:
Had a nightmare about starting school. Involved Godzilla and the med school being relocated to my high school. Using my extensive knowledge of dream analysis, I interpreted it that I should fear anatomy professors that are giant lizards.

Anyone else having dreams about starting school?

:sleep:

Topaz

I keep having dreams where I'm in high school again. It's kind of weird.

SpiritiualDuck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medikit said:
I keep having dreams where I'm in high school again. It's kind of weird.

I had a similiar dream. I dreamed that I was high in school, so I got high and it felt kind of weird. So, I got high again, and it made sense

Medikit

Plastic Bag Middle Class
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SpiritiualDuck said:
I had a similiar dream. I dreamed that I was high in school, so I got high and it felt kind of weird. So, I got high again, and it made sense

Far out, dude

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not dreaming about it, but I'm axious/a tad bit sad/excited/happy/nervous...

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medikit said:
Far out, dude

Man, I wish you were in my class. You rock.

aragonh

Vanguardist Apologist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Funny that this thread was started today, b/c I just had a dream about med school last night.

Im in the gross anatomy lab and I have to remove an organ (dont know which one it was, but it looked like the appendix) and then I had to run to the next cadaver and do the same thing. And it went on and on. I was also being cheeered on. "Go!Go!GO!GO!". It was like I was in a race.

Maybe I shouldnt watch the Amazing Race b4 going to bed . . . . . :p

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have tornado dreams all the time and since (I've been in the lecture hall the M1's use before) I got into medical school I dream that I leave the lecture hall just in time to look out the window before getting blown into a huge twister.

I wake up sweating and feeling like I'm spinning :thumbdown:

I guess tornado dreams represent fear of the unknown and feeling of helplessness and the place/context where the dream takes place when the tornado comes is supposed to be what your scared of (tornado while at home = family troubles, etc).

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like this one I have where Jesus Christ is jackhammering Mickey Mouse in the doo-doo hole with a lawn dart as Garth Brooks gives birth to something resembling a cheddar cheese log with almonds on Santa Claus’s tummy-tum?

Sorry, I've been listening to Hooray for Boobies entirely too much lately.

dancinjenn

I'm ready for my close up
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AStudent said:
I have tornado dreams all the time and since (I've been in the lecture hall the M1's use before) I got into medical school I dream that I leave the lecture hall just in time to look out the window before getting blown into a huge twister.

I guess tornado dreams represent fear of the unknown and feeling of helplessness and the place/context where the dream takes place when the tornado comes is supposed to be what your scared of (tornado while at home = family troubles, etc).

What windows? The arrow slits in the hallway? You only get a 6" view of the world, you probably wouldn't be able to see the twister anyway. It's not that bad...you just have to learn to fight the mid-year blues.

But in response to the thread...I still have dreams about school. During last year my husband kept saying that I would talk in my sleep...." no, that's the superior." And that I would actually recite lists of muscles and the krebs cycle.

LADoc84

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Last edited:

Gut Shot

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I never had bad dreams (with the exception of one nuclear war dream as a youngster) until I went to graduate school. After about 2-3 years in my PhD programs I started having all the stereotypical academic-related dreams, all of them involving undergrad:

1. Show up for final without having been to class all semester
2. Sitting in class naked
3. Trying to get to class to take test but just can't find my way there

..etc...

These all went away after I finished and started med school. So calm down, people! It's gonna be okay.

Topaz

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Changing the subject...

I used to have lucid dreams, in which I knew I was dreaming and could manipulate the dream. It was fun & instantly gratifying. It was a lot like changing the channel from FX to S*X :sleep:

PostalWookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dreamt that I never went to class for the first semester, and apparently missed some exams, so i got kicked out.

thegoogler

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dreamt that I am running late to my first-ever lecture. Can't find the lecture hall. I stop to ask directions in some random office and the woman says "You're in the wrong building. But while you're here, let's try on your white coat." Not a single coat in her supply fits. Hmmm . . .

closertofine

Emerging from hibernation
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AStudent said:

wow, I just read this post...a few days ago, I also had a very bizarre tornado dream (combination tornado/nuclear holocaust/mystical magic thing...but mostly a tornado!), and I never connected it to my worries about starting 2nd year. Hmmm.... :idea: