Any EM USAF Reserve out there?

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by Ryan, May 7, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Pretend This Is Witty

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm about to sign up, but I want to get the story from those who are Active Reserve EM docs ... if any are out there. Any one on the CCATT's ? I'm about to start residency and just want to hear about the lifestyle of being a physician in the reserve. I am imagining a weekend per month and two months (in lieu of 2 weeks) every year. From what I have been told there are only 6 Reserve CCATT's ?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ryan

Resident [Any Field]
    Anyone? :D

4. Ryan

Resident [Any Field]
    Bumpitty

5. The White Coat Investor

The White Coat Investor AKA ActiveDutyMD
    Physician Partner Organization

Attending Physician
    Sorry, not reserve so I've held off answering your question, but I don't know if there are any other EM AFers out here. 6 reserve CCATTs sounds about right. The EM reservists I know were army, and their activations were 3 months to 10 months long. I think the AF reservists were doing 60-90 days, or perhaps those were the guardsmen, I don't recall. Sorry I can't help out much. I know a couple of Navy EM reservists as well but I haven't asked them your specific questions.

Good luck with your decision. EM lends itself to reserve duty better than most specialties and being a reservist would keep you out of a lot of the hassles associated with active duty, plus the opportunity to get a real paycheck the rest of the time.