1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Any EM USAF Reserve out there?

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by Ryan, May 7, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan Pretend This Is Witty
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm about to sign up, but I want to get the story from those who are Active Reserve EM docs ... if any are out there. Any one on the CCATT's ? I'm about to start residency and just want to hear about the lifestyle of being a physician in the reserve. I am imagining a weekend per month and two months (in lieu of 2 weeks) every year. From what I have been told there are only 6 Reserve CCATT's ?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Ryan

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Anyone? :D

4. Ryan

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Bumpitty

5. The White Coat Investor

The White Coat Investor AKA ActiveDutyMD
    Physician Partner Organization 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sorry, not reserve so I've held off answering your question, but I don't know if there are any other EM AFers out here. 6 reserve CCATTs sounds about right. The EM reservists I know were army, and their activations were 3 months to 10 months long. I think the AF reservists were doing 60-90 days, or perhaps those were the guardsmen, I don't recall. Sorry I can't help out much. I know a couple of Navy EM reservists as well but I haven't asked them your specific questions.

Good luck with your decision. EM lends itself to reserve duty better than most specialties and being a reservist would keep you out of a lot of the hassles associated with active duty, plus the opportunity to get a real paycheck the rest of the time.