Any experience with general surgery recertifiation exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deanthedream17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi anybody who is kind enough to read this. I am a premed, but my father is a general (trauma) surgeon who needs to take the general surgery recertification exam. He asked me to ask if anybody has any experience taking it and if so what course they took, if any, and any review books they used that they found helpful. I tried posting this under the practicing physicians forum, but I couldn't because of my premed status. If your able to move this to that forum, I would appreciate that.

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

There are a number of courses for the general surgery recertification exam. The oldest one is the Osler course but I've heard the best reviews about the New York General Surgery course. Information about both of these can be obtained from their respective websites.

There are a number of courses for the general surgery recertification exam. The oldest one is the Osler course but I've heard the best reviews about the New York General Surgery course. Information about both of these can be obtained from their respective websites.

Only recently realized you responded. Just wanted to say thank you and I will let him know.

Reactions: 1 user