Any experience working for Banfield or VetCor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swiger38

Reaction score
Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well and having a happy new year! I am currently in my fourth year of vet school, and will be graduating in May. I am in the process of choosing where I would like to work, but I am up in the air right now. I am in between two companies. I was wondering if any one could provide their experience if they have worked for either Banfield or for VetCor? If so- please comment on whether or not you have experience with the mentorship program at Banfield? I worked for a Banfield for two summers, but have some reservations about signing on. I am worried about the long hours and not having much of a work/life balance, and I am worried about not getting the mentorship that I need. I appreciate everyone's help in advance. Thank you!

What is an average typical salary that you've seen VetCor offer?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Recent grad here, working for Banfield. I think experiences really vary from clinic to clinic. I’ve had a great experience so far, all my coworkers are amazing, hard working, and supportive. I was assigned a mentor/coaching doctor and he’s been great, as has the other doctor at the practice. Definitely happy with the level of mentor ship.

work life balance has been pretty decent too- mostly thanks to a four day work week.

Feel free to pm with any other questions!