Any F-1 international applicants this cycle/current dental students ? What are my chances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kanoshuusai

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyyy all, my first post here! I am an international student with a F-1 visa (just graduated from a US University) and I just finished my DAT few days ago. My stats:

(DAT: 21PAT 24AA 24TS with 30 on Ochem -> which was my weakest subject during undergrads :cryi:so happy with this score)

GPA: 3.85

I was happy with my scores (except PAT) until the ADA application site opened this morning. I suddenly felt so afraid that what if I can't get into any:((( Especially when a friend of mine who applied last year with the same stats, ended up get rejected mostly and 2 waitlists (btw she is an international too).

1. Could anyone "chance" me, please?
2. For those of you who got into dental school as international students, what schools did you apply to that you think are international student friendly? Because of my anxiety, I couldn't narrow down my list to 10-15 :confused:.
3. I feel like my PAT and RC (both 21) are lower than average and I am not sure if this will affect my chance:( especially RC because it is expected to be high for international students, as a proof for English proficiency???

Thanks ahead and good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Heyyy all, my first post here! I am an international student with a F-1 visa (just graduated from a US University) and I just finished my DAT few days ago. My stats:

(DAT: 21PAT 24AA 24TS with 30 on Ochem -> which was my weakest subject during undergrads :cryi:so happy with this score)

GPA: 3.85

I was happy with my scores (except PAT) until the ADA application site opened this morning. I suddenly felt so afraid that what if I can't get into any:((( Especially when a friend of mine who applied last year with the same stats, ended up get rejected mostly and 2 waitlists (btw she is an international too).

1. I am sorry if this is discouraging to anyone but could anyone "chance" me, please?
2. For those of you who got into dental school as international students, what schools did you apply to that you think are international student friendly? Because of my anxiety, I couldn't narrow down my list to 10-15 :confused:.
3. I feel like my PAT and RC (both 21) are lower than average and I am not sure if this will affect my chance:( especially RC because it is expected to be high for international students, as a proof for English proficiency???

Thanks ahead and good luck guys!
21 is not lower than average...

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah all of your scores, as well as your GPA, are above average. Use the ADEA Explorer to find schools that are more international friendly and apply to them, you should be just fine