any fast track med school info for an undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjopling

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need info on any good 6 year BS/MD program. I have been looking at Hahenemann, but need info on it. HELP!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend at Hahneman, and he was not to thrilled with the undergrad part..however look at Penn State. They have a six year with Jefferson. You'll need excellent grades and high SAT's...Good luck in your adventure!!

Check out East Carolina University and UNC-Chapel Hill. They both have programs geared at grooming students early on to get into med school. I think ECU has a more unified program where if you get accepted, you only have to maintain a 3.5 GPA during undergrad and you're in - you don't even have to take the MCAT!

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't University of Missouri at Kansas City have a BS-MD degree program? They used to, anyway.

Originally posted by Nancy:
Doesn't University of Missouri at Kansas City have a BS-MD degree program? They used to, anyway.

Hey Nancy.Yes UMKC-med still has the BS/MD program.It's a 6 year program tailored for Missouri residents.I've had the time to look through the whole curriculum(I'm a junior at UMKC)and in my opinion,it's not bad at all.You would expect the work load to be overwhelming,but to the contrary,it's been intergrated with med-school in such a "stressless" way.

The Northwestern program is sweet - 7 years, no MCAT. But you have to deal with a hellish undergrad experience.
Inteflex at Michigan is phasing out...
I had a friend at NEOUCOM, and she didn't mind it except the first two years because you take 23-24 credits a semester, but since they all do it together, it was a bonding expreience.'
I don't know what these programs need... I had a 3.9 in highschool and a 1520 on the SAT and plenty of activities... and I am charming
smile.gif

Good luck trying...
S

I worked with a PGY1 surgeon in NY that was a grad of UCLA. He did a undergrad/medical school combo thing. I'm not sure if that was at Charles Drew/UCLA or not. But UCLA is one hell of a school, so you should look into it. I think UC Berkeley and UCSF has a fast track too, but I don't know anything about it.