Any first year Case students out there???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddstobe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like the new curriculum? Better or worse?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I can't believe there are no first years out there? I really would like to know how you guys feel about the new curriculum?:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I can't believe there are no first years out there? I really would like to know how you guys feel about the new curriculum?:love:

We're prolly just to tired to tackle this big question. Its not as simple as "yup i like it:thumbup: " It kinda sucks, but then what am i comparing it to? I think i'd rather do this than go to lectures 8-5 every day.

We're prolly just to tired to tackle this big question. Its not as simple as "yup i like it:thumbup: " It kinda sucks, but then what am i comparing it to? I think i'd rather do this than go to lectures 8-5 every day.
Are you saying you don't go to school 8-5? So what is the 1st dental students schedule like? Can you elaborate a little more, plz.

Are you saying you don't go to school 8-5? So what is the 1st dental students schedule like? Can you elaborate a little more, plz.

mon. 1pm-5pm
tue. 8am-12
wed. 8am-5pm
thur. 8am-12
fri. 8am-12, 1-5 we're in clinic

The times we're not in class is Independant Study. Which is fancy speak for "teach yourself anatomy, immunology, etc"

it should run smoother next year though.

That schedule is not set in stone. It was a little different las semester, and I don't know how it'll be next year.

mon. 1pm-5pm
tue. 8am-12
wed. 8am-5pm
thur. 8am-12
fri. 8am-12, 1-5 we're in clinic

The times we're not in class is Independant Study. Which is fancy speak for "teach yourself anatomy, immunology, etc"

it should run smoother next year though.

That schedule is not set in stone. It was a little different las semester, and I don't know how it'll be next year.
So the "teach yourself anatomy, immunology..." process, do you have some type of reference to go by? I mean when I took anatomy the professor was specfic in what we were to know and what we should study. Is there clear directions on what you are suppose to learn...is what I'm trying to ask. Thanks for your replies so far though.

So the "teach yourself anatomy, immunology..." process, do you have some type of reference to go by? I mean when I took anatomy the professor was specfic in what we were to know and what we should study. Is there clear directions on what you are suppose to learn...is what I'm trying to ask. Thanks for your replies so far though.

well it depends on the way you look at it. he gives handouts on what you need to know, but when you put them all together, it adds up to everything from the neck up. all the parts of the skull; all the muscles; all the nerves; all the arteries; all the veins; all the holes things go through. lol, you get the idea.

hopefully one of the other 1st year lurkers will add something.