Any former/current Medics out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medic3408

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been ages since I was on here, and since then I have finished my Post Doc and started MS1 while still working in a suburban squad. The first 2 months were so easy, as we had 4 new Paramedics precepting at our squad and they did all the work and charts. Now, I dread the true ALS call where I actually have to do something, and spend 30 min in MedMedia fighting to write a chart, all the while taking away from sleep.

Saturday, all Hell broke loose in the county when I was looking forward to watching College football and catching some ZZZZsss. Study groups are a pain too, because some nights from 7-11pm I am the duty officer, so I can't stick around school for hours like everyone else. Anyone else here stick with EMS while in school? If so, what were your challenges...

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the EMS forum. There's a bunch of us who are/were medics in a previous life, and actually there are several threads on the first page that address your question.

Welcome back to SDN after your hiatus!