Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any former Respiratory Therapists?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lancerdancer01, Dec 5, 2008.

1. lancerdancer01

2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Just wondering if there were any former respiratory therapists out there that are now in medical school? Also, what are you planning on specializing in. I graduate in May 09 and need to take a couple of classes before I can get into medical school (or podiatry, haven't chosen yet) so am planning on working a year to get some healthcare experience and possibly do some research.

2. mattng

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I actually graduated May '08 and now I'm in a one years master's program (didn't get in last year unfortunately)...

3. wedogogirl

2+ Year Member

Medical Student

#3 wedogogirl, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  4. RRTinCO

RRTinCO Neb Jockey to Gas Passer
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm an RT...I've been one for awhile now and started taking classes again just over a year ago to supplement my lack of premed classes in my BsRC. I'll be applying next year though :thumbup:

5. njbmd

njbmd Guest
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Former RRT with Ped/Perinatal Specialty and now a practicing surgeon post fellowship. There was a gentleman two years ahead of me in medical school that was a former RRT. We both ended up in surgery.

6. mattng

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think what you're doing is a good idea. For me, I took just the pre-reqs for medical school and yes, they say that as long as you have the required classes you'll be find. But after being rejected all last year, I went into a one year masters so that I could take more "advanced" science level courses. So hopefully that will help me get in. All you got to do is show that you can do well in science, since you already have an aptitude for medicine (your RRT).