Any former Respiratory Therapists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lancerdancer01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any former respiratory therapists out there that are now in medical school? Also, what are you planning on specializing in. I graduate in May 09 and need to take a couple of classes before I can get into medical school (or podiatry, haven't chosen yet) so am planning on working a year to get some healthcare experience and possibly do some research.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering if there were any former respiratory therapists out there that are now in medical school? Also, what are you planning on specializing in. I graduate in May 09 and need to take a couple of classes before I can get into medical school (or podiatry, haven't chosen yet) so am planning on working a year to get some healthcare experience and possibly do some research.

I actually graduated May '08 and now I'm in a one years master's program (didn't get in last year unfortunately)...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an RT...I've been one for awhile now and started taking classes again just over a year ago to supplement my lack of premed classes in my BsRC. I'll be applying next year though :thumbup:

Former RRT with Ped/Perinatal Specialty and now a practicing surgeon post fellowship. There was a gentleman two years ahead of me in medical school that was a former RRT. We both ended up in surgery.

I think what you're doing is a good idea. For me, I took just the pre-reqs for medical school and yes, they say that as long as you have the required classes you'll be find. But after being rejected all last year, I went into a one year masters so that I could take more "advanced" science level courses. So hopefully that will help me get in. All you got to do is show that you can do well in science, since you already have an aptitude for medicine (your RRT).