Any Fraternity/ Sorority Members Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NE_Cornhusker1

12" Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If any of you are in the Greek system how did you document it on your AMCAS app? How did you document in it in secondary experiences if you have held several positions in your house? One entry or multiple entries? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm in a fraternity. Since I needed to conserve space, I actually listed a lot of my extracirics together in a lump entry (I have a lot of relevent work experience I thought was more important). A friend of mine just made one entry listing all of what he did in the fraternity on his app though. I wouldn't list every single position you held within the same organization as a seperate entry. Unless you don't have that many things to put down. Nobody wants to read a million entries, which all state you were active in your fraternity!

I held a lot of offices in my fraternity and listed them all under one heading.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not in one, but I always wanted to be.

Kappa Alpha Psi. Phi Nupe!

Delta Sigma Theta
One entry

Kappa Kappa Gamma, one entry and listed most significant position. :D :D :D

Originally posted by amonkeybutt:
•Kappa Kappa Gamma, one entry and listed most significant position. :D :D :D •••

You're a GIRL???
Damn, I didn't expect that...

Sigma Phi Epsilon, althought that was a long time ago. I still talk to my brothers; we are all married and having kids now. I had one entry for my Sig Ep positions and another for Greek community positions (like IFC President).

Scoob...does that make me more attractive to you (if you are a boy?...actually...either way), does it? kidding, of course :D

SIGMA PI or DIE!
yup I'm a sig pi and I just put done the position that I had held once that showed the most interaction with others--social chair. I think it looks good cuz it shows your a good student (if your grades are good) and that you can have a good time.

Members don't see this ad :)
KKG as well, and damn I miss it. I listed it as "Social Sorrority," and then under that heading listed officer positions. It was suggested to me that naming your specific house was a bad idea. You never know how it will be interpreted by those reading your app.

There are 3 Kappa Sig's on the board at UNMC so I'm not too worried about listing the name of my house. Thank you to all. I think I'll probably go with two entries, one for treasurer and one for everything else.

Originally posted by amonkeybutt:
•Scoob...does that make me more attractive to you (if you are a boy?...actually...either way), does it? kidding, of course :D •••

Haha..hellz yea baby!
Hand me a beer!
Let's get it on :)

Pi Kappa Phi....I mentioned that I was an active member for X amount of time, and listed the community service based, and academically oriented offices which I held.

I'm a lambda lambda lambda,
Adams College, 1984

Sigma Phi Epsilon 99'. A big what's up to all you Sig Eps out there in med school too :)

- Wyldstyle2000

Phi Kappa Psi

just have to give a shout out to KKG...i really didn't put too much emphasis on it in my applications. just said when i was a member and the offices i held.

Sigma Alpha Mu...did the same as EMTgirl

Chi Psi . . . aka: The Lodge

Originally posted by WSUreds:
•SAE's rule•••

This just reminded me of that Adam Sandler movie where that family kept saying "O'douls rule!!" and eventually ran off a cliff. :)

Sigma Alpha Epsilon does rule. In fact I didnt bring the fact that I was in a fraternity in all my interviews. SAE's are notorious for being the most out of control, and since our chapter did zero philanthropic stuff, didnt think its a big assest to know how shmooze girls, and plan great parties. I put it on my app and the leadership roles but thats it. I didnt think I should emp[hasize it. Anyone agree?

Phi Alpha WSA,
NIce to know there some other SAE's in here. Do you know of any SAE's on any admin committees?

Sigma Alpha Epsilon does rule. In fact I didnt bring the fact that I was in a fraternity in all my interviews. SAE's are notorious for being the most out of control, and since our chapter did zero philanthropic stuff, didnt think its a big assest to know how shmooze girls, and plan great parties. I put it on my app and the leadership roles but thats it. I didnt think I should emp[hasize it. Anyone agree?

Phi Alpha WSA,
NIce to know there some other SAE's in here. Do you know of any SAE's on any admin committees?

Delta Sigma Theta here. I used one heading and listed the different postions.