Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Any Georgetown SMPs out there?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by CoffeeCat, Apr 5, 2002.

1. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel

Pre-Medical
    Hi all. I am currently applying to Georgetown's special masters program and I was wondering if anyone has applied to/completed/considered the program and would like to share it's positives and negatives. I am applying because of my lowish GPA. Thanks :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HoumanMD

HoumanMD Junior Member

I am currently in the SMP program, and everything about it is great. i feel it is superior to the other programs out there b/c worst case scenario you have a masters degree. The students are great and the faculty is even better. It is a great way to improve your GPA. The negatives are that it is extremely challening and time consuming, but it is still rewarding. Here are 2 tips though 1) do NOT come to the program expecting to get in to Georgetown, although it may happen, it is no guarantee and 2) do NOT join the program if you are not willing to give it your all, it is extremly hard and time consuming. Best of luck!

4. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel

Pre-Medical
    Welcome to SDN!

I was hoping you could answer a few more questions :)

1. How has the physio program factored into your application - are there certain schools which pay special attention to it? What about the UCs? I heard something about them not counting the new grades?

2. How competitive/difficult is it? What sort of curves are there? I know that the classes are scored against the med student's curve but is it curved with the other students? Can everyone get an A?

3. How much debt will you be in from this year?!

4. How time consuming is it?

5. Do you enjoy it? Have you met cool people?

Thanks!!