Any Ghanaian, Nigerian or West African Here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. MAXY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just wandering if there are any Ghanaian, Nigerian or African Pre-Med, Med Student or Resident on SDN?

Members don't see this ad.

hey I'm from Nigeria. Where are you from ?
:D :) :wink: :p :cool: :D

Cool Fellos, I'm from Ghana.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to move this to the International forums. If you have any questions about international residencies/electives, or can answer other people's questions about African electives/resideny/options, please post there :) .

Thanks!

Nigerian here too.....Lagos Girl in the House!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you guys Pre-Meds, MS's or Residents, and what schools are you guys at?

This is mine info:
OSU-COM (class of 2006)

Nigerian - Lagosian :p what part of Lagos are you from Bush baby, what high school?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by WaZoBia:
•Nigerian - Lagosian :p what part of Lagos are you from Bush baby, what high school?•••••Sorry WaZoBia...I didn't do high school there. I left when I finished primary 5. I was the youngest so my mother brought me here with her. My other two older sisters when to school in Ondo State though. My grandmama lives in fadeyi, I use to live with my uncle in GRA but now he moved to magodo. So I when I am in nigeria I am in between Fadeyi and magodo. I was raised in akure though.

Very much nigerian. Raised entirely in Ikeja-Lagos, attended Chrisland Primary School ('92) and Airforce Secondary Schools (class of '98). I will be attending Columbia University College of Physical and Surgeons ( Deferred admission) next year. Feel free to PM me. Peace.

P.S: Hope Germany loses by 4 goals

•••quote:•••P.S: Hope Germany loses by 4 goals
••••not gonna happen, i think it's gonna play out something like this: germany'll score in the first half, brazil will equalize towards the end of the first half or at the start of the second half and then score again towards the end of the second half or during extra time. remember you read it here first :D
•••quote:•••Sorry WaZoBia...I didn't do high school there. I left when I finished primary 5. I was the youngest so my mother brought me here with her. My other two older sisters when to school in Ondo State though. My grandmama lives in fadeyi, I use to live with my uncle in GRA but now he moved to magodo. So I when I am in nigeria I am in between Fadeyi and magodo. I was raised in akure though.
••••cute nick, thought i knew you.

I'll be a med student @ Dook starting this fall.

My father is Nigerian but I was born in Monrovia, Liberia. My family moved to the states when I was 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Original:
•I'll be a med student @ Dook starting this fall.•••••For rreeeeaaaaalllll....she be ni?
Are you going to the reunion for july 4th?
Broke as I am, I can't afford to go. I heard it will be in Cali next year, so I am saving for that trip.

A Ghanaian in the house!

abby9 ,
Welcome to SDN, and I'm glad to see another Ghanaian in The House. Did you go to Sec. School in Ghana?

Nigerian here!!! Holla:clap:

Thesaint,
Welcome to SDN, I'm glad to see that my fellow African Bros and Sis are handling their business.

Nigerian too! Actually just came back from Nigeria 2 days ago. I'll be attending Wash U med in August.

BUMP

Nigerian here:)

Alright African brothers, those of u who got acceptance to MD/DO U.S school can u tell us more about u status(GPA/MCAT), and what kind of schools r more friendly to international student(with Green card).

Originally posted by getin
Alright African brothers, those of u who got acceptance to MD/DO U.S school can u tell us more about u status(GPA/MCAT), and what kind of schools r more friendly to international student(with Green card).

If u have a green card, ur not considered an international student, cause u have permanent residence, and can apply to any med schl without any problems. You also qualify for just about every loan. :)

@Dr Maxy,
Wo ho te sen? :)

No, I'm Nigerian not Ghanaian, have been to Accra, and have made a lot of Ghanaian friends along the way. Its all African love :clap:

Last edited:
Anybody else?
I am from Cameroon and applying this year

From Naija (aka nigeria).
Will be starting dental school in the fall, at southern Illinois University.

Kenyan, applying this year.

Hey there... I am from Nigeria too and on my way out of med school (almost :) )...

I have been to africa(more like a peace corps project).......i must say it is very beautiful.

A Ghanian here. Currently a pre-dent at VCU in Virginia.

my people,

just wanted to give a shout out. i'm from umuahia state looking to get a dual md/mba with an emphasis in health administration and policy. pm with questions.....

Originally posted by square
my people,

just wanted to give a shout out. i'm from umuahia state looking to get a dual md/mba with an emphasis in health administration and policy. pm with questions.....

I think i remember chatting with u a yr ago, just wanted to holla :)

Last edited:
I can't wait to see how many 9ja's will be in my class this fall. I met one at my interview at NJMS

My people, how far. Original Nigerian here. Good luck as you all strive to represent our people in the medical profession. Make una no forget our people back in Africa.

Originally posted by supereagles
My people, how far. Original Nigerian here. Good luck as you all strive to represent our people in the medical profession. Make una no forget our people back in Africa.

WORD!

Igwe I of Umuahia in da hizzy!

Stuck thread to keep on top to facilitate posting.

HELLO everyone, this is another Ghanaian in the house.
UGMS, Korle-Bu class of 2008.
i really wish you were here, it's a cool day here today

Ghanaian here!
Graduated from UMich in 2002, working currently working on Pre-dental requirements.

Hey tamala, what school are you currently taking your pre reqs at?. I'm also a Ghananian, currently at VCU. :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Tamala
Ghanaian here!
Graduated from UMich in 2002, working currently working on Pre-dental requirements.

Wo ho te sen :)

hey whats up, I went to the other Michigan schl :p

BTW, is U of M dental ur top choice? reason why i ask is cause my best friend is a D3 there, maybe he can be of some assistance. Send me a pm if you do.

We prob know people in common cause I know most of the nigerians that went to U of M.

Reppin Naija aka Nigeria, all West African love.

Hi,
I'm from Nigeria as well. Born in Lagos, bred in Benin and buttered in Maryland. :clap:
I'll be attending dental school in the fall.
Univ of Maryland or maybe... Howard.

Kendra

Originally posted by kenniemd
Hi,
I'm from Nigeria as well. Born in Lagos, bred in Benin and buttered in Maryland. :clap:

Kendra

Hey whats up my fellow naija pesin :D

Hey peoples,

Another Nigerian in the house...that's right!!! :clap:
Ms-1 at Howard Univeristy.

Any Nigerians in the MD-DC-VA area?

Originally posted by doc2bee101
Hey peoples,

Another Nigerian in the house...that's right!!! :clap:
Ms-1 at Howard Univeristy.

Any Nigerians in the MD-DC-VA area?

hey whats up, we rule :clap:

I dont stay in the metro DC area, but i've tons of friends/fam there so I'm there occasionally, would be surprised if we might know same people:p

Did someone ask if there were any Naija's in the DC area??

Na here we dey now

PM me if you want to talk

I think I am the only one from TOGO here. I lived in Benin for awhile before comming to the states. I am a pre-med, going to Arizona State University. I will attend SMEP at yale this summer.
Anyone else attending this program?

Originally posted by gildas
I think I am the only one from TOGO here. I lived in Benin for awhile before comming to the states. I am a pre-med, going to Arizona State University. I will attend SMEP at yale this summer.
Anyone else attending this program?

Hey:D

Last edited:
Originally posted by kenniemd
Hi,

Kendra

I always wondered how students feel about Howard - not being sarcastic or anything - but since it is predominantly an African-American School, I never met anyone who attended that school or will be attending there.

Kendra: do you mind sharing with us what your reasons for thinking about attending Howard are? and your experience while you was there for the interview.

:D

Hey,
Nigerian here. Grew up in Enugu, then Lagos, now in Toronto, and not sure where I'll be in 3 months ( haven't decided what med school to go to).
take care people. yay! This is fun. I love meeting my people.

Originally posted by ify
Hey,
Nigerian here. Grew up in Enugu, then Lagos, now in Toronto, and not sure where I'll be in 3 months ( haven't decided what med school to go to).
take care people. yay! This is fun. I love meeting my people.

I figured u were one of us from ur screenname a while back :D

I've cousins who grew up in Enugu, what schls did u go to? u from Enugu/Anambra state? :)