Any good autobiographies or biographies by MD's in leadership positions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having previously worked worked in a law firm, I've read many of the autobiographies of past presidents, first ladies, and supreme court justices. I'm also a big fan of Donald Trump's books because they are concise (not necessarily short), inspiring, positive, and full of wisdom. Should they exist, I would like to collect (and read) similar books regarding the medical field. Do you know of any?

Autobiographies and biographies by anyone who's changed the medical field in some major way, runs a hospital or insurance company (and use to be a doctor), turned around the medical circumstances of a community or medical department, or similar would be ideal. (Esp. MD's who are also corporate managers, activists, and/or leaders in some way)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Seeing Patients: Unconscious Bias in Health Care
by Augustus A. White III (Author),
From Publishers Weekly
When White attended Stanford in the late '50s he was one of four students of color. A recommendation letter written by a mentor then included "this is a pale, colored boy" to avoid misunderstanding. Now White recounts his ground-breaking life in an engaging, matter-of-fact manner. Eight of the 12 chapters tell his amazing story, from his birth in 1936 in a segregated Memphis (his trailblazing father, a doctor, died when White was only eight), to a 1967 tour of Vietnam wherein White worked in a leprosarium, to a fellowship at a biomechanics lab in Sweden, to his appointment to head a new orthopedic academic program at Harvard.

Reactions: 1 users